• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, we really need some guest rooms.
Yeah, we are in a similar state. At this point, I'm working around a queen bed, and it would be a godsend to get that out of the way, but then we are without guest rooms completely, as the other one is an office for my wife (and a place for me to pile paper on top of a desk I never use.

Unfortunately, we have nowhere to expand to. I assume that in the next 1-3 years, we'll seek out a new, larger house with ample work and closet space, probably farther from the city (because real estate in Austin if fargin ridiculous right now, and has been for a long time).

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I have a bunch of auctions ending this Sunday at 3pm or so. I'm going to be out of town until around noon on Monday. I have 1 day handling time and I'm 99.9% sure I'll be able to get all the labels printed before 3pm on Monday but with it being a holiday, does the 1 day handling thing make it so they just need to be printed and to USPS by 3pm on Tuesday?

Note: It's gorgeous outside and I've been stuck inside most of the day so my brain is fried. Apologies if the above doesn't make sense.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Quote: +1
fyi covered this a week or so ago in depth about packages in transit. Not until the end of the month when you stop shipping and all the items have time to arrive and be updated will the shipping calc be correct

1 for 2 on cases tonight.... blah blah blah. Got to see if a call back in the AM will resolve the other :/
2 for 2. Got the 2nd case closed in my favor
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

PS - This is after the first time I called I was told by the rep to "just refund him and resell it".... called back, got a nicer person who understood my concerns and after a lengthy call and speaking with other people in the department (who knew they crowdsourced opinions??, his words) case closed

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed I had 15% (up to $100) coupon to spend on designer collective but it works on some clothing / shoes too so pretty big discount if you are eying anything

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope. Schedule them for the eBay scheduler for 15-30 minutes later than you really want them to start. Then when you are ready for them to begin, go in and bulk edit them to start immediately. The immediate start will cancel the 10 cent charge per. No charge hits until the listings are released at the scheduled time. If for some reason you can't be there to edit them, it's still a reasonable safety net for a minimal charge.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Schedule them for the eBay scheduler for 15-30 minutes later than you really want them to start. Then when you are ready for them to begin, go in and bulk edit them to start immediately. The immediate start will cancel the 10 cent charge per. No charge hits until the listings are released at the scheduled time. If for some reason you can't be there to edit them, it's still a reasonable safety net for a minimal charge.
+1. Wes queued me into this trick early on into my GS days. Cannot live without now.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So don't use GS scheduler, Upload/schedule through the bay and start early to avoid the charge. Any value in spacing/staggering your auctions to allow ppl who just found you at the last minute on one auction to find some more still going? Been staggering auctions by 1min - have no idea if this is going anything, impossible to measure.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So don't use GS scheduler, Upload/schedule through the bay and start early to avoid the charge.  Any value in spacing/staggering your auctions to allow ppl who just found you at the last minute on one auction to find some more still going?  Been staggering auctions by 1min - have no idea if this is going anything, impossible to measure.

Start early to save the dime and stagger start times are mutually exclusive - cannot do both unless done manually.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So don't use GS scheduler, Upload/schedule through the bay and start early to avoid the charge.  Any value in spacing/staggering your auctions to allow ppl who just found you at the last minute on one auction to find some more still going?  Been staggering auctions by 1min - have no idea if this is going anything, impossible to measure.
You can schedule them using Garage Sale and still do this.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use GS ebay scheduler, but use it more as a tool to get them up to eBay's server.

This allows the listings to be "scheduled" on eBay. From there, inside eBay's scheduled listings tab, you can go in, select all, mass edit, "edit time schedule" -> start immediately, and it will start them right then and there all together.

You just use GS eBay's scheduler to get them uploaded to eBay's server, without having them started yet. Just be sure to "mass edit" those scheduled items prior to blastoff!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I offer two methods of international shipping, the GSP, and an alternative method, usually Express International. I have a buyer who purchased an item and cannot figure out how to select the alternative shipping method (eBay defaults to GSP). I've never had to do this myself, so I'm not sure how to do it either. Can anyone tell me how he would go about this, so i can walk him through the process?

Edit: The confusing thing here is that I know there's a way to do this, because I've had buyers do it on other items. This guy just can't figure it out.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you just send him an invoice with the appropriate shipping method and have him pay from that?
The thing is, what's the appropriate amount? I could calculate it from USPS, but it will be wildly wrong because it won't apply my eBay discounts, and since it isn't paid for, I can't go into the shipping page in eBay to see what it would be with my discounts, because eBay won't let you do that for unpaid items. Also, eBay won't let you send an invoice for international GSP purchase, and the purchase defaults to GSP unless the alternative is actively selected. Do you know of another way?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolinaflooringspeci