• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would take that approach, but since I'm prepping auctions throughout the week and usually have stuff going on Sunday afternoon/evening, the GS launcher is usually a more convenient option.
That's what I do too. I do like 15 listings then send them to the scheduler for holding while I take a break. 15 more, repeat. Scheduler is set for 30 minutes after my normal release time, just in case I have an emergency come up, that way my listings will still go live near the normal time. Normally, instead of letting them reach the scheduled time, I go in at 10:30 and bulk edit them. First edit them to have a 10% restocking fee, since garage sale does not have that option yet, then edit them to start immediately. No scheduling fee is applied , and all the listings start at the same time.

The first time I used GS, I had like 40 listings, they took about 80 minutes. Not my cup 'o tea. This past week I had over 300 listings go live, that may have taken all night. I list late, so as not to have to compete with LuxeSwap listings, but if they take extremely long to upload, I may lose some Eastcoast buyers and lose money on free shipping more items to the westcoast.

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grail hype train died. Moved a few things at 2x my normal eBay prices when it started up and was a big deal but haven't moved anything since. I don't get much SWD though so it might be better for that. SWD did super well when it started.

Lirum

Reaction score
Grail hype train died. Moved a few things at 2x my normal eBay prices when it started up and was a big deal but haven't moved anything since. I don't get much SWD though so it might be better for that. SWD did super well when it started.

This thread could single handedly make it a thing.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread could single handedly make it a thing.

Meh it doesn't offer any of the protections eBay does. While it uses Paypal in that regard it's too easy to rip-off sellers there. I never got burned but I can see how you could burn people.

Upsides: Ungoverned, No fees (except Paypal), lots of freedom
Downsides: Extremely small user base (even smaller base of real buyers), easy to scam.

If you have really popular SWD items you can try the reddit frugalmalefashion weekly buy and sell thread. Wolverine 1ks do particularly well there.

Lirum

Reaction score
Meh it doesn't offer any of the protections eBay does. While it uses Paypal in that regard it's too easy to rip-off sellers there. I never got burned but I can see how you could burn people.

Upsides: Ungoverned, No fees (except Paypal), lots of freedom
Downsides: Extremely small user base (even smaller base of real buyers), easy to scam.

If you have really popular SWD items you can try the reddit frugalmalefashion weekly buy and sell thread. Wolverine 1ks do particularly well there.

Scam concern through Paypal is fair, but I also see the same seller's market ebay had 6-7 years ago.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gents

Shipping to Poland? What has been your experience and what service/option did you choose to ship? I'm sending a very high end suit

Thanks!

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No sarcasm. This was just a in-program update, not a new release or purchase. I did mine today, not sure exactly when it was released.

I keep GS open at all times and never shut the program down. Today I was prompted about an quick update and a restart of program. Ever since, things have been extremely fast in response.

Version 6.7.3

Last edited:

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could u explain what you did @capnwes

cdgreg

Reaction score
Think I got taken for a whopping $4 today. I recently sold an Ike Behar tie that was a ridiculous 65.5 inches long. I remember it specifically because I used a tape measure from my toolbox rather than the 60" tape I use for everything else. I had the 65.5 in the title, in the post, and on my notes sheet. Today the guy opens an item as not described case and says he measured it, and it turns out to be 62.5, not 65.5 and because of that he's open to a return or partial refund. The tie sold for $9 + $2.99 shipping. When I asked what he felt a fair resolution is he said $4 since that's probably about what it would cost to ship back. As much as I wanted to give him a full refund, pay him $5.75 to put it in a flat rate box, get it back measure it, and report him as a buyer, the $4 did not seem worth the risk of negative feedback. Comes with the territory I guess and I'm glad it only cost me $4 at this point...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads