• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 Hours later, my new office hanging racks are complete...This is a total of 4 different walls.

I will Spoiler the Before & Afters.

These next 3 pictures are inside a mini walk in closet.

Bare Walls, ready for prep

Removed the old style, patched up the holes, and got ready to install all the new ****.

New racks going up

The two long ones above are 8 feet double stacked.

These next few are inside the mini walk in closet.
5 Feet hanging across, double stacked for 10 feet.
Then the shelves you see on the left are top to bottom...7 shelves total, 1.5 feet wide, 11 inches apart from each other.

Shelves x7, inside the cloet

After everything is said and done, this gives me about 26 feet to hang, and just shy of 28 linear feet of racking.
Not a bad upgrade I'd say...
Total cost: 450$ in materials from Lowes, and 3 hours labor...works for me!

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Buyer wants me to ship shoes to France using Priority Mail. Buyer will pay cost. Never mailed anything international. Will there be fees other than flat rate priority mailing cost?

Thanks,

anyone???

fastfiat81

Reaction score
Gleaming this thread for the past hour and to recap the excluded list of countries to not ship to are:

Italy
Brazil
Russia
Ukraine
Greece

Any others that I missed?

Thanks!

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure on Greece, but the other 4 are my only blocked countries.

I've sent three things to Russia so far. They've all left me positive feedback, high DSRs, and a complaint in russian. My latest one was a positive feedback, 5 stars in everything, and "have no received item yet" in russian. I'm not sure exactly sure what's going on.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I've sent three things to Russia so far. They've all left me positive feedback, high DSRs, and a complaint in russian. My latest one was a positive feedback, 5 stars in everything, and "have no received item yet" in russian. I'm not sure exactly sure what's going on.

Maybe in Russia, lots of stars = bad and 0 stars = good. Kidding, I have no idea. I have had issues getting things through their customs. I'd love to open it back up to Russia and am always looking into ways to do it. I'm considering allowing it with private couriers and warning about import charges that they'll face. However, it just sounds like a setup for problems.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently agreed on price to buy an item from a SF user. He suggested, rather than going through Ebay, we should just go straight with Paypal so he can save some money on the Ebay fees. There will be an additional upcharge if we were to go through ebay. Since this is my first time using Paypal exclusively , is there any actual protection from this type of transaction? User has about 30 posts since creating an account in 2010.

He offered to write me an invoice, but I'm not sure how that works either. Please advise. Thanks.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently agreed on price to buy an item from a SF user. He suggested, rather than going through Ebay, we should just go straight with Paypal so he can save some money on the Ebay fees. There will be an additional upcharge if we were to go through ebay. Since this is my first time using Paypal exclusively , is there any actual protection from this type of transaction? User has about 30 posts since creating an account in 2010.

He offered to write me an invoice, but I'm not sure how that works either. Please advise. Thanks.

The invoice does nothing. It depends on how you send the money through PayPal. Don't send it as a Gift, or whatever the friend option is. Even then you won't have much protection. You'll mostly be running on faith.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The invoice does nothing. It depends on how you send the money through PayPal. Don't send it as a Gift, or whatever the friend option is. Even then you won't have much protection. You'll mostly be running on faith.
Would it be more prudent to request the Ebay route for a BUY NOW option? Does that offer better protection?

I do have faith from the people in this forum...

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be more prudent to request the Ebay route for a BUY NOW option? Does that offer better protection?

I do have faith from the people in this forum...

It's up to you, really. I've sold to a few people through the forums and it's never really run through my mind they might screw me. eBay will offer much more protection, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads