• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There some recent sold listings at $200. Maybe this guy just really likes that plaid. Maybe I should reconsider holding on to my 1960 vintage one. 😜

bde

Reaction score
I have a vintage band shirt that has sold twice, and both times the buyer decided not to pay. So frustrating! Listing it again for a third time.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a few years... Did the feedback removal page move? Or do I just have to call?

Edit: Nevermind I found it.

Last edited:

bde

Reaction score
I have a group of CdGH shirts that I would like to sell. What are the pros and cons of selling as a group vs individually?

triathlete

Reaction score
sending up the bat signal:

I have a buyer who is claiming a pair of Burberry Brit trousers I sold are inauthentic, and is basing this on the manufacturer tag indicating they were made by Ittiere*. I have tried to convey that Ittiere makes garments for Burberry, and for many many other labels.

He doesn't seem to accept this and wants proof of authenticity.

How do you think EBay will rule on this?

* unfortunately he believe Ittiere just makes things for DG and Versace, based on what comes up as the first link on a Google search for the brand.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have a buyer who is claiming a pair of Burberry Brit trousers I sold are inauthentic, and is basing this on the manufacturer tag indicating they were made by Ittiere*. I have tried to convey that Ittiere makes garments for Burberry, and for many many other labels.

* unfortunately he believe Ittiere just makes things for DG and Versace, based on what comes up as the first link on a Google search for the brand.

Is there a picture of that tag in the listing? If so, point out that he should’ve noticed that before buying.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ebay will rule that its inauthentic because they said so and as the seller you're expected to bend over and grab your ankles.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ebay will rule that its inauthentic because they said so and as the seller you're expected to bend over and grab your ankles.

Unless of course you can get the guy to admit that he should’ve seen his issue in the pictures or get him to admit that he’s wrong.

There’s a fine line between pissing the “customer” off enough that he just returns the thing with no further communication and that chance you’ll win.

I kind of let my mood dictate the path. I gave up on giving a crap about negative feedback some time ago.

triathlete

Reaction score
The buyer is making this one easy.
-I told him 'yes, return, but given that we disagree on the issue of authenticity, I will then appeal the authenticity return claim and provide pages and pages of links showing ittiere is indeed a manufacturer for Burberry (recall this was the basis of his counterfeit claim)
-buyer then changed his tune and indicated the item was not as described, pointed out a bunch of perceived flaws (loose stitching, uneven sewing inside seams, etc), and requested returns on those grounds
- I accepted the return, with a refund to follow upon receipt of the item (but still retaining my intention to appeal. buyer then threatened that he would leave negative feedback and complain if I didn't refund
-I had a Helpdesk chat with a EBay CSR and came away with a transcript indicating "yea, he's extorting you, and if there was negative feedback issued, we would remove it." (I get it that those CSR reassurances aren't worth much, but it's pretty clear that the auction winner has buyer's regret and is scrambling for anything that will stick. And our DM exchange makes that conclusion pretty clear for any EBay reviewer )

I'm happy to accept the return, request removal of negative feedback, appeal the return, and submit a few separate complaints against the buyer for (a) abuse of the returns process, and (b) threats to extort a refund. and any other separate enumerated grounds for complaints that exist (luckily you can make make multiple complaints, as long as they are for different reasons). In the meantime, any refund to him is, as I'm given to understand, held until the appeal of the return is decided. And even if I end up having to eventually provide a refund, knowing that the buyer will be increasingly pissed that it is held back as this moves through the process with deliberate speed gives me some small satisfaction.

It's a low value item for which I could have just swallowed the cost, but the buyer has clearly been trying to play the system, so I'm getting some measure of satisfaction being super petty within the boundaries of EBay's rules.

MMiUSA

Reaction score
Probably the worst overall week of my year.
My mom in the hospital with complications from two terminal cancers... and I have a buyer open up after nearly a month since they received the item, a return on said $400 item.
The item was brand new sealed in the box, I actually video recorded the entire packing and shipping process in one cut at the shipping drop off all the way until I handed it and got a receipt because I get worried with big items. I showed in the video the seals on the box all in tact and brand new.

Dude opens a return as "arrived damaged" / and states it isn't new, sends me a picture of the seal cut and opened.
I contacted eBay right away, talked to a nice dude there who told me to accept the return and file an affidavit where I can submit visual proof of the shipping and all.

I accepted the return, and now await the item back. I let the buyer know that I video taped the entire process.

Anything else anybody recommends? Being a part time reseller since 2012, and working at one point for a company largely operating on eBay I am well aware how sticky it can be as a seller. I am hoping this particular case I have enough proof and communication with eBay to prove I am getting scammed. Now with moms medical expenses getting harder on my family (my wife and I are her caretakers), pretty awful time for this to happen. Still looking for any additional recommendations here. Thank you.

Last edited:

goatamous II

Reaction score
Anybody know this logo?
i'm listing and can't figure out what it is

1685044703033.png

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting day. I was out of town for the weekend and came home to a larger than expected group of orders. I sold a shirt in a multiple item (multiple sizes) listing and could not find it. Damn. It happens. Then another one. Then a guy ordered 4 shirts of the same size from another multiple item listing. When I saw the size I said "I know I don't have those. I sold the last one months ago."

Anyway I called ebay CS. They have a known problem with multiple item listings now and have been working on it for a few days. If you have multiple item listings they may all be fouled up, showing that you have things in stock which you don't actually have. CS rep told me to cancel the sales using "Problem with Buyer's Address" and to contact them for feedback removal if I get any negatives due to this problem.

She had no idea when it will be fixed, or even if it can be fixed. I expect to have to audit every multiple item listing and manually correct them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads