• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as soon as I post something complimentary about ebay customer service...

Same buyer who lost the last one (matbra-1896) opens a not as described return for the second shirt that he bought. Not as described. He contends that this one measures 25 inches across the chest, significantly larger than my description. And he even provides 'proof'. Of course I button shirts before I measure...

First call to ebay CS results in advice that I must accept this return and pay shipping from UK.

You can't make this **** up.
dishonest.jpg

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here was the chat were they wouldnt remove

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230427_142501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427_142501_Chrome.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 127

gimpwiz

Reaction score
I actually have PMed a few people to tell them their packaging sucks. I usually write something like, "great product, thanks a lot, everything arrived great, BUT because your box wasn't properly sealed and nothing was waterproofed, that it arrived dry and without issues was a matter of luck, surely you would not want to ruin something in transit next time." I think that's reasonable _private_ feedback. The stupid ebay official feedback is like working in a call center - if it's not a 10 it's a fail - so it would be rude to leave negative or neutral feedback for it officially, but I think it's reasonable to mention privately.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually have PMed a few people to tell them their packaging sucks. I usually write something like, "great product, thanks a lot, everything arrived great, BUT because your box wasn't properly sealed and nothing was waterproofed, that it arrived dry and without issues was a matter of luck, surely you would not want to ruin something in transit next time." I think that's reasonable _private_ feedback. The stupid ebay official feedback is like working in a call center - if it's not a 10 it's a fail - so it would be rude to leave negative or neutral feedback for it officially, but I think it's reasonable to mention privately.

What’s you eBay username?

goatamous II

Reaction score
Just as soon as I post something complimentary about ebay customer service...

Same buyer who lost the last one (matbra-1896) opens a not as described return for the second shirt that he bought. Not as described. He contends that this one measures 25 inches across the chest, significantly larger than my description. And he even provides 'proof'. Of course I button shirts before I measure...

First call to ebay CS results in advice that I must accept this return and pay shipping from UK.

You can't make this **** up.
View attachment 1947809

The explanation given to me in previous situations like this is that because ebay doesn't handle the item directly, they have no way of verifying who measured correctly and who measured incorrectly

the photo evidence of your buyer being a complete idiot is irrelevant apparently.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question, do you guys typically accept returns? I have someone who wants to do a return because they don’t like the product. no issue with quality, just doesn’t like it. On one hand you want someone to be happy with their purchase, but im a solo person, im not Amazon / can’t be eating the cost of returns. Like photos were accurate. No issue. What do y’all think?

Attachments

• 0B281BD5-9998-498C-9928-69E6B953EACD.jpeg
    0B281BD5-9998-498C-9928-69E6B953EACD.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 56

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question, do you guys typically accept returns? I have someone who wants to do a return because they don’t like the product. no issue with quality, just doesn’t like it. On one hand you want someone to be happy with their purchase, but im a solo person, im not Amazon / can’t be eating the cost of returns. Like photos were accurate. No issue. What do y’all think?

Her husband doesn’t like the length?!!!!

2ACCAED7-52F5-4A88-B26C-D2B4CA11FD15.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, did the buyer ask for the length before purchasing? If not, I’d probably deny.

triathlete

Reaction score
I don't accept returns, and a buyer just hit me with negative feedback after changing his mind on a purchase, accusing me of being inflexible for refusing not to take the item back. I kinda saw it coming.

Surprisingly, EBay removed it right away (I think it helped that the buyer also added some fictionalized flaws with the item to spice up his feedback, which were pretty easy to bat down after reading our DM exchange. And it made it pretty easy to then file a "misusing feedback" report against the buyer.)

Henry S

Reaction score
For the first time, eBay requires me to pay sales tax on a winning bid from LuxeSwap.

I'm not a US citizen and don't live there, but I use a forwarder service based in MA.
Two recent changes are that the shipping address changed (the state hasn't changed), and I also started selling on eBay from my current location.

Is it related to changes on my account, or is it something on eBay's end and country regulation?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the first time, eBay requires me to pay sales tax on a winning bid from LuxeSwap.

I'm not a US citizen and don't live there, but I use a forwarder service based in MA.
Two recent changes are that the shipping address changed (the state hasn't changed), and I also started selling on eBay from my current location.

Is it related to changes on my account, or is it something on eBay's end and country regulation?

Tax is based on the address you have the item shipped to. I pay a lower sales tax rate if I ship to my home than to my PO Box.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads