• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I did report it to the eBay rep on Twitter with a screen shot. Anyone else I should forward to?

I am more concerned if he is actually gonna follow up with his threat. Lot of hassle but when egos get involved people tend to do stupid stuff.

I would actually call eBay on this one. It’s not cool for people to be threatening others on the platform. Tell eBay that you’re fearful for your safety (play it up a bit).

FPB

Reaction score
Buyer had my jacket for 26 days before opening a return stating ordered by mistake and sub reason, got sent wrong item with a couple of low light pictures. I was able to decline and close the return. Got the negative feedback removed as well.

Googled the guy and he might be an attorney. He sent my this message and I am wondering if I should be concerned?

As an attorney myself, I'd say you have very little to worry about if anything. I'm guessing you don't even live in the same state, which would make it expensive for him to file and serve you. Plus he'd need to hire a local attorney to appear if there were a hearing at a district court. Although for $600 it would be small claims court. Just report all his BS to eBay.

Also, who is he so we can block him too?

haloitsme

Reaction score
As an attorney myself, I'd say you have very little to worry about if anything. I'm guessing you don't even live in the same state, which would make it expensive for him to file and serve you. Plus he'd need to hire a local attorney to appear if there were a hearing at a district court. Although for $600 it would be small claims court. Just report all his BS to eBay.

Also, who is he so we can block him too?
Yes we need the name ...

rhyme

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input.

Block him asap
Screenshot_20211117-113730.png

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh I see.
1. ugly color
2. micro woven defect
3. cheaper shipping from EU to Canada...

Why do peaple even bother typing that out?

View attachment 1705534
Well, they are from Quebec, which often explains a lot. (And which I write purely in jest and with all due love and respect to my Francophone countrymen.)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't know why people expect international shipping to be super cheap
actually, you can barely ship within Canada for the $15 he is asking for.

I wish i could ship overseas for under $20. i'm sure all of our sales would grow as a result.

I can ship a tie or T-shirt into Canada for $15, but that’s about it. That’s the actual shipping cost, not the retail price.

haloitsme

Reaction score
I can ship a tie or T-shirt into Canada for $15, but that’s about it. That’s the actual shipping cost, not the retail price.
you can ship with tracking and in a meaningful time? (like 5-12 business days) for $15?
Who pays for pickup?
Also: there is eBay tax: 16% + conversion fee + handling + etc. --> So you need at least offer 20$ and up.
@goatamous II Same, I wish :)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can ship with tracking and in a meaningful time? (like 5-12 business days) for $15?
Who pays for pickup?
Also: there is eBay tax: 16% + conversion fee + handling + etc. --> So you need at least offer 20$ and up.
@goatamous II Same, I wish :)

Was how long shipping takes part of the original question? I offer international buyers the choice between First Class and Priority. If they want the item quicker, they choose Priority.

But yeah, stuff sent to Canada via First Class usually gets delivered within ten business days.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Was how long shipping takes part of the original question? I offer international buyers the choice between First Class and Priority. If they want the item quicker, they choose Priority.

But yeah, stuff sent to Canada via First Class usually gets delivered within ten business days.
And it's fully trackable and gets through customs easily?

Sometimes I just upgrade some buyers to FedEx Priority not to deal with the issues of not receiving, etc.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, hey guys. I’ve got an Italian seller telling me he can’t find shipping to US for what he had listed. (About 25 Euros, I think).

Anything I can recommend to him? I’ve had several dudes from Japan ship quickly at apparently low rates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads