• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was never that good at math. lol.

Also, I looked at your sig really quick and for a second it looked like "cover the world in weed".
He'd be making way more than you, but unable to advertise it.........

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one ******* jacket I have on Ebay must be " cursed".
Third Buyer to Flake on this Kiton...in as many weeks.

Hi

I would like to apologise for the delay with payment and contact.

I've had a small car accident today. It was cause of my fault and since I didnt want to loose discounts on Car Insurance Ive paid the guy and had to pay also my cars repairs. Im now short on money.
I can't please you to wait for the money 2-4 weeks, so I would like to please you to cancel this transaction. You can start the procedure of "cancel a transaction", I will accept it and then you will get back all the fees and so on from ebay, loosing nothing.
I think I will be able to pay for it but it can even take 3-4 weeks probably and I don't want you to wait for the money.

Kind regards
James

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spoo - love it! best part no inventory!

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo is at 5% coffee and cigarettes...that's where my success is failing. I'm around 20% coffee and cigarettes...

Curious as to how many people on here do smoke...I need to quit already

I smoked for close to 30 years, and just quit last September on my wife's birthday. My children staring at me pitifully asking why I wanted to kill myself every time I lit a cigarette finally broke me. I tried the patch, the pill, hypnosis, this ear pressure (like acupuncture), electric cigarette and nothing worked. Finally i just quit and my children and wife cheered me on almost every day. It was rough, but I made sure my first month I was always near my wife and kids so temptation stayed away. I still get cravings to this day, for instance tonight I am at a sales conference and am fairly trashed and saw 2 hot girls going out to smoke... It was very hard not to follow
biggrin.gif

I think Cold Turkey is the only long term way to quit this terrible habit, I wish you luck and encourage you to try. While I did put on ~15 pounds, I can actually climb stairs without panting and my two mile run time is now better than my first P.T. test in the Army at the tender age of 17. So it is definitely worth it.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I smoked for close to 30 years, and just quit last September on my wife's birthday. My children staring at me pitifully asking why I wanted to kill myself every time I lit a cigarette finally broke me. I tried the patch, the pill, hypnosis, this ear pressure (like acupuncture), electric cigarette and nothing worked. Finally i just quit and my children and wife cheered me on almost every day. It was rough, but I made sure my first month I was always near my wife and kids so temptation stayed away. I still get cravings to this day, for instance tonight I am at a sales conference and am fairly trashed and saw 2 hot girls going out to smoke... It was very hard not to follow
biggrin.gif

I think Cold Turkey is the only long term way to quit this terrible habit, I wish you luck and encourage you to try. While I did put on ~15 pounds, I can actually climb stairs without panting and my two mile run time is now better than my first P.T. test in the Army at the tender age of 17. So it is definitely worth it.
Nice! 30 freaking years! It's amazing, my mom quit at 40 years of age (cold turkey - I was one of the pitiful staring/nagging kids), she's now 75 and in great health. I'm still looking on this thrifting thing as a (semi lucrative) addiction though. I can't pass by one on my way home without making a pass. Those Kiton's are a better rush than nicotine I bet...

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! 30 freaking years! It's amazing, my mom quit at 40 years of age (cold turkey - I was one of the pitiful staring/nagging kids), she's now 75 and in great health. I'm still looking on this thrifting thing as a (semi lucrative) addiction though. I can't pass by one on my way home without making a pass. Those Kiton's are a better rush than nicotine I bet...

I think that is what I have replaced smoking with, my wife added up what I have spent in thrifts in the last 6 months or so and it equals over $1000. Of course BrianPore's consignment service will make more than double that back for me /
spam[1].gif

I love it, I have improved my wardrobe and still made money which is much better than the $65 a week I used to spend on cigarettes. I am still trying to improve my wardrobe, so don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to quit again. In the past I quit for nearly 10 months while my wife was prego. But as soon as the baby came, it was back to the cigs. I have a box of chantix sitting in my cuboard that I need to start...I fear I'll miss the guilty pleasures too much.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still a dirty smoker, but have been outdoors-only for the past several years so that helped me cut down quite a bit. Do need to quit eventually.

So here's a new one (on me):
Received a best offer, after the person had made two offers minutes before that were automatically declined. I accepted the best offer, then got a message saying it was awaiting the buyer's confirmation. I thought "Huh, in the past it was considered sold when I accepted the best offer. Did eBay change their policy to now give the person an out?" I checked and the buyer has zero feedback and is in the Arab Emirates. My item only ships to the US - no idea how they were even able to make an offer. I figure they cannot pay for it since I don't offer shipping to the AE, but I see I can still revise it with the pending offer and add shipping to the AE for whatever amount I would need to ensure it's tracked.

So my quandary is: do I leave it as-is and it eventually resolves itself as unsold and I can re-list later? Or, do I edit the listing and offer shipping to the AE (and if so, by what method to ensure tracking and perhaps insurance as it's $145 + shipping)? It would be a nice sale, but I'm a bit leery of shipping to the AE with a zero-feedback buyer.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help?

I cannot decide whether this D&G striped suit is black or navy with a purple stripe? The 3rd picture has the suit on top of a BLACK isaia suit to show contrast.

Does anyone know color codes for D&G? Spoo???

Cheers

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics