• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
relatively new to managed payments, anyone else have to give ebay your bank statement, your drivers license/photo id?

1636059228299.png

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@zenosparadox
Take the return. Wait a month and anonymously send him one of the glitterbomb presents since you’ve got the address still. If that seems too soon, send him one for st paddy’s day or Mother’s Day. Haha
I’m tired of people being idiots in general, eBay buyers especially. Glitter bombs seem like the perfect gift for those fools. Call me Tom, because I’m petty like that!

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Completely agree with this. His threat nullified any chance of a refund. Any non-positive feedback should be easily removed.

Good luck, I recently had one that the buyer said "Before I left my feedback/review, I wanted to give you one last chance to offer a refund" and had multiple customer agents tell me that unless they threaten to leave negative, it can't be removed.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck, I recently had one that the buyer said "Before I left my feedback/review, I wanted to give you one last chance to offer a refund" and had multiple customer agents tell me that unless they threaten to leave negative, it can't be removed.
Same thing happened to me. Got negged after buyer politely told me he was giving me a chance to make this GW right before leaving a negative review. Couldn’t get it removed

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crazy resolution to this story: I sent an email to the buyer denying his request for a refund on the grounds that he wanted me to acquiesce to his demand purely on the basis of a threat. I told him that the conversation would have been very different had he just messaged me to say that he had made a mistake with the sizing and was wondering if I might be willing to make an exception to my no refund policy.

I fully expected pushback, a negative review, and perhaps an attempt at changing the reason for the refund request to an NAD or a credit card chargeback. Instead… he left me positive feedback. Specifically, he wrote: “Excellent eBay transaction with a thoughtful eBay seller.”

A buyer on eBay didn’t get the response he was hoping for, reflected on it, and actually changed his mind, despite it not being to his monetary advantage. He then did the very opposite of what he had initially threatened. This is some crazy sort of unicorn, right? I didn’t think it was possible, but this has restored a bit of my faith in the rationality of anonymous others on the internet.

Last edited:

127.72 MHz

Reaction score
Although I have a couple of dozen pairs of Aldens, Allen Edmonds, Johnston and Murphy, Mephisto, and a few other assorted brands to purge from my stable this thread has pretty well cured me of any thoughts of selling on EBay.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a NAD opened yesterday with this message from the buyer:
Hey, this item isn’t the same as it was in the pictures. It’s an entirely different color and a different fit as well. The ones in the pictures look like the ABC Warpstreme Slim in Olive Green. These are brown and look like straight fit.

Item Specifics for the item in quesiton:
1636201480377.png

READING IS HARD.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I have a couple of dozen pairs of Aldens, Allen Edmonds, Johnston and Murphy, Mephisto, and a few other assorted brands to purge from my stable this thread has pretty well cured me of any thoughts of selling on EBay.
I have such little luck with shoes on ebay, you should just donate all of those Aldens and AE to your local GW. The Mephisto and J&M make good planters. Screenshot_20211106-074835_Chrome.jpg

haloitsme

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Got negged after buyer politely told me he was giving me a chance to make this GW right before leaving a negative review. Couldn’t get it removed
I simply don’t understand why eBay is not deleting, or even show does feedback. It’s usually about the stupidity of the buyer, and then he does not want to pay return.
And then demands additional discount...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member