• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a question for the experts.
I received this message from a buyer last night (Shoes).

I need to open a case. The item says it was delivered but was not. What is curious is if look at the usps tracking it says left at front desk or mail room. This is a private home. There is no front desk or mail room. States it was left a 330pm. We were home at the time. I'm sorry but Im sure it will get figured out. I will ask our mail carried tomorrow if they happen to know where it is.

I checked the USPS site and it indicates that the item was delivered and signed for, (by the Buyer).

Am i likely to be out of pocket on this one and / or receive negative feedback?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happens on occasion. Politely tell the buyer that you're sorry they're having trouble and that they need to get in touch with their local carrier because there is nothing you can do remotely. You are not open to lose a case or receive negative feedback, as long as you sent it to the correct address, you're covered. When they open the case, you will have to respond with a screenshot showing it as delivered, that should be all you need to do. If ebay screws up and you lose the case, you'll have to call, it will be reversed immediately, in my experience.

div25sec9

Reaction score
So a question for the experts.
I received this message from a buyer last night (Shoes).

I need to open a case. The item says it was delivered but was not. What is curious is if look at the usps tracking it says left at front desk or mail room. This is a private home. There is no front desk or mail room. States it was left a 330pm. We were home at the time. I'm sorry but Im sure it will get figured out. I will ask our mail carried tomorrow if they happen to know where it is.

I checked the USPS site and it indicates that the item was delivered and signed for, (by the Buyer).

Am i likely to be out of pocket on this one and / or receive negative feedback?

You're good on this one. If USPS says it's delivered, you are safe. As far as eBay and USPS are concerned, it shows delivered, so it is (despite what the actual case is). I got screwed on this as a buyer before.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happens on occasion. Politely tell the buyer that you're sorry they're having trouble and that they need to get in touch with their local carrier because there is nothing you can do remotely. You are not open to lose a case or receive negative feedback, as long as you sent it to the correct address, you're covered. When they open the case, you will have to respond with a screenshot showing it as delivered, that should be all you need to do. If ebay screws up and you lose the case, you'll have to call, it will be reversed immediately, in my experience.
Thanks. Much appreciated.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is common knowledge but I didn't know about it so I'm sharing it.

My inkjet printer bit the dust like 3 years ago but I use my Dymo label maker for 99.9% of label printing so I decided to not buy a new bulky inkjet/laserjet (whatever I had, I forget). When I have to print other labels (directly through PayPal or International), I usually just email them to myself and print them at FedEx or at work.

Today, I was shipping some books to my father-in-law using the PayPal link to do that (https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/) and decided to poke around to see if I could change the label size because I didn't want to have to drive all the way to my office just to print one label.

If you go here (https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/createbulk) and then click on 'Shipping Preferences' near the upper right, it opens a pop up. From there, check 'label printer' and then select your label size from the dropdown. I just saved myself like 30+ minutes roundtrip by not having to drive into the office today.

zargoz

Reaction score
Related question, anyone here have a recommendation for "quiet" shipping tape?

I have a vague recollection of seeing a discussion at one time but I can't find it (not even sure it was this forum). Packing some sales up and my wife just read me the riot act for disturbing her netflix binge on an otherwise quiet afternoon...

Oh and any dispensers that don't suck balls, would be good too.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a vague recollection of seeing a discussion at one time but I can't find it (not even sure it was this forum). Packing some sales up and my wife just read me the riot act for disturbing her netflix binge on an otherwise quiet afternoon...

See below. Best tape ever.

Hot tip. This tape is virtually silent and I’m never going back. Bought it by accident and it keeps blowing my mind.

View attachment 1077447

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Any kind of packing or duct Tape should be able to secure her yapper.:cheers:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here’s a new one:

If you’re searching for an item lot — as in a group of things — is there any way to filter out listings that are actually selling the items individually?

For instance, say you want to buy a cheap lot of vintage fishing lures. You can sort them from low price to high, but it’s all but guaranteed the first hundred listings are going to be a group of lures priced at like “$1-$10” requiring you to individually select the ones you want. I.e., not an actual lot.

How to filter these!

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a new one:

If you’re searching for an item lot — as in a group of things — is there any way to filter out listings that are actually selling the items individually?

For instance, say you want to buy a cheap lot of vintage fishing lures. You can sort them from low price to high, but it’s all but guaranteed the first hundred listings are going to be a group of lures priced at like “$1-$10” requiring you to individually select the ones you want. I.e., not an actual lot.

How to filter these!

One way would be to search on "lures -lure"

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're good on this one. If USPS says it's delivered, you are safe. As far as eBay and USPS are concerned, it shows delivered, so it is (despite what the actual case is). I got screwed on this as a buyer before.

However, if the buyer contacts USPS, and USPS investigates and finds that the package was misdelivered, they may change the tracking to indicate that the package is lost, in which case you're on the hook if it's not insured.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads