• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite weather for a Post Office/FedEx/UPS run (it’s 14 degrees with a forecast low of 5 for tonight).

7558D627-6D46-44AB-998B-676DB6EFC19A.jpeg

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Quick question. Sold a high-value item, but the buyer may not pay (I checked out his feedback, and he was called out for not paying for items). If I cancel the sale through ebays automated system by choosing "item out of stock", am I on the hook for FVFs?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Quick question. Sold a high-value item, but the buyer may not pay (I checked out his feedback, and he was called out for not paying for items). If I cancel the sale through ebays automated system by choosing "item out of stock", am I on the hook for FVFs?

Do not cancel the purchase unless he asks you to. Open an unpaid item case when you can and wait the four days to close it. You will get the FVF back, and won’t open yourself up to a perfectly valid negative feedback.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do not cancel the purchase unless he asks you to. Open an unpaid item case when you can and wait the four days to close it. You will get the FVF back, and won’t open yourself up to a perfectly valid negative feedback.

Fair enough. Appreciate the advice.

Out of curiosity, is the seller on the hook for FVF if it's cancelled due to being out of stock?

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silly question but realized i've never been in this situation

I have an auction that i just listed with a "best offer" option
Surprisingly got an actual best offer that I'm willing to accept

Issue is I won't be able to ship for a bit, so i'm going to wait 40 hours before i accept the offer
There are no bids at the moment

In the meantime, even if i receive a bid, can the best offer can still be accepted?

EDIT: nvm. learned the hard way. let's see what happens. womp womp

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll bet it will work out for you, i have found that if i have an offer plus early bidding it usually means my item is desired... you will probably do better than your obo in the end

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll bet it will work out for you, i have found that if i have an offer plus early bidding it usually means my item is desired... you will probably do better than your obo in the end

Thanks for the vote of confidence
it's definitely a desired item (Raptors Championship Ring) and there's already been 25 bids
Here's hoping in the 6 days remaining it passes the best offer.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go again:

Sold an item to a buyer in August, item gets held by customs, I tell buyer it's in customs, buyer refuses package. He opens an item not received case, which automatically closes due to no new updates from either party.

Buyer is then asking for a refund afterward but I am not in possession of the item. eBay say I'm not obligated to offer a refund for this as anything that has been refused at customs is not covered by the money back guarantee. They instead tell me to contact PayPal as technically they may be able to refund the buyer from their money back guarantee (not from my account). Pretty confident if any negative feedback was received it could be removed.

I call PayPal and give them the eBay ref. for the conversation with the rep. They say that obviously if a case is opened they'll have to look into it themselves irregardless of what eBay say and that I personally cannot initiate the process for the client.

Now I'm just worried that a case might be opened on PayPal which I could lose (if they act like their usual selves). In the end who is to blame here, I feel like I've fulfilled all the obligations on my end..?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GarageSale crashing for anyone else? I'm listing via the actual eBay page for the first time in forever right now. GarageSale won't stay open for more than 3 seconds. Even after restarting it's still crashing. I've been slowing down thrifting/listing and I think this might be the end of the line for me and GS.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GarageSale crashing for anyone else? I'm listing via the actual eBay page for the first time in forever right now. GarageSale won't stay open for more than 3 seconds. Even after restarting it's still crashing. I've been slowing down thrifting/listing and I think this might be the end of the line for me and GS.
I've been using it today, but only offline.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertd