• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just sent a full refund and we agreed he would rebuy it with the correct address. Do I still have to cancel the transaction since I sent him a refund? (don't wanna pay ebay fees 2X)
When you cancel a transaction, eBay credits you the fees.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: BUT make sure to choose a cancel request that you dont get a ding for. I usually use "returning for a refund" which is true as you refunded him and he will purchase it again. If you choose "OTHER" you get a defect

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently any new listings Oct 1st through the holidays must offer extended holiday returns in order to qualify for TRS 20% discounts... I offer 14-day returns and 1-day handling, and currently get the 20% discount, but it looks like none of my new listings through the end of the year will qualify, and thus I'll lose my discounts. So that sucks...

Edit listings to meet Top Rated Seller requirements
(3 listings)

Watch a help video | Send us your comments | FAQs | Help

Top Rated Sellers qualify for the greatest boost in Best Match and a 20% final value fee discount on listings that offer same-day or 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy that supports extended holiday returns.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently any new listings Oct 1st through the holidays must offer extended holiday returns in order to qualify for TRS 20% discounts... I offer 14-day returns and 1-day handling, and currently get the 20% discount, but it looks like none of my new listings through the end of the year will qualify, and thus I'll lose my discounts. So that sucks...

Edit listings to meet Top Rated Seller requirements
(3 listings)

Watch a help video | Send us your comments | FAQs | Help
Top Rated Sellers qualify for the greatest boost in Best Match and a 20% final value fee discount on listings that offer same-day or 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy that supports extended holiday returns.

How long of a return window do you have to offer to qualify? Is it 30 or 90 days?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long of a return window do you have to offer to qualify? Is it 30 or 90 days?

Through Dec 31st...when you click on "change your return policy", there is a new tick-box...however, reading up, eBay says it's for transactions Nov 1st thru Dec 31st. I'm not sure why eBay is saying my items listed yesterday don't qualify for TRS discounts - guess they want you to enroll in the extended returns program before Nov 1st.

Return policy

Returns Accepted

After receiving the item, your buyer should start a return within:
14 Days

Offer extended holiday returns until December 31. Learn more

If you’re an eBay Top Rated Seller, you must include the extended holiday returns on eligible listings in order for them to qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits for transactions from November 1 through December 31. So enroll before November 1 to maximize your discounts—it’s easy.

Last edited:

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As of Monday, all new items being posted are now no longer eligible for returns. I am using this opportunity to assess the difference between the two. Now is the best time, as I refuse to succumb to eBays extended return window. So the next three months will give me a great opportunity to see how things go without the return option, and reevaluate come Jan 2015.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dior Homme Solid Smoke Grey Diorissimo Jacquard Tonal Logo Silk Skinny Tie

(57 x 2.5"?)
Haven't measured yet, but 2.5-2.75 sounds about right, and the length I'm sure hovers around there

TITLE: ICONIC Dior Homme Smoke Gray Blue Diorissimo Jacquard Tonal Logo Silk Skinny Tie

is Diorissimo something you would use on all Dior Homme ties? Just that signature word used throughout their products (purses, perfumes, etc)

--
Reason I ask, is I have another Dior tie, that could use some more fillers, as its a basic thin stripe tie

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Haven't measured yet, but 2.5-2.75 sounds about right, and the length I'm sure hovers around there TITLE: ICONIC Dior Homme Smoke Gray Blue Diorissimo Jacquard Tonal Logo Silk Skinny Tie is Diorissimo something you would use on all Dior Homme ties? Just that signature word used throughout their products (purses, perfumes, etc) -- Reason I ask, is I have another Dior tie, that could use some more fillers, as its a basic thin stripe tie
Diorissimo, like Guccisima, is the repetitive monogram signature print. Your other one, RECENT Dior Homme Sinister Grey Slim Sky Blue Pencil Stripe Silk Tie France

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diorissimo, like Guccisima, is the repetitive monogram signature print.

Your other one,

RECENT Dior Homme Sinister Grey Slim Sky Blue Pencil Stripe Silk Tie France
Got it, ty. Whats louis called? Louis Vuittonisima? lol

--

TITLE: ICONIC Dior Homme Sinister Gray STIFF Blue Crunchy Thin Pencil Stripe Silk Tie

(made in Italy) - The silk in this tie is crunchy & stiff. Not sure if its from dry cleaners (doesn't have added sheen), or if its some type of purposeful designer starch stylistic approach. normal?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Through Dec 31st...when you click on "change your return policy", there is a new tick-box...however, reading up, eBay says it's for transactions Nov 1st thru Dec 31st. I'm not sure why eBay is saying my items listed yesterday don't qualify for TRS discounts - guess they want you to enroll in the extended returns program before Nov 1st.

Return policy

Returns Accepted

14 Days

Offer extended holiday returns until December 31. Learn more

If you’re an eBay Top Rated Seller, you must include the extended holiday returns on eligible listings in order for them to qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits for transactions from November 1 through December 31. So enroll before November 1 to maximize your discounts—it’s easy.

I am not doing it. My phone rang this afternoon. Looking at the caller ID, it showed the call originated in Utah. Figuring it was eBay, I answered and the semi-English speaking female proceeded to tell me that I HAD to update my return option to include the longer window. I told her that I had no intention of doing that. She said that it would affect my TRS"Plus" status. I told her that I would gladly give up the percentage to not have to worry about someone wearing a pair of shoes for 10 weeks and deciding to return them. I do 14 days on all of my auctions. Any more than that is ridiculous.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

[TR]
Return policy

[/TR]

[COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]
Returns Accepted

[COLOR=990099]http://[/COLOR]
14 Days
[COLOR=666666] [/COLOR]
Offer extended holiday returns until December 31. [COLOR=990099]Learn more[/COLOR]

[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]If you’re an eBay Top Rated Seller, you must include the extended holiday returns on eligible listings in order for them to qualify for Top Rated Plus benefits for transactions from November 1 through December 31. So enroll before November 1 to maximize your discounts—it’s easy.[/COLOR]
Were you listing auctions or buy it now? If it were the latter (and 30 day listings) then they'd end after 1 November, so they probably wouldn't qualify. A silly new requirement by ebay, by the way.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, when someone initiates a return through the eBay return process, how do you charge a restocking fee when appropriate. If you just hit the 'issue refund" button in eBay, it automatically refunds the entire purchase price. Am I doin it wrong?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, when someone initiates a return through the eBay return process, how do you charge a restocking fee when appropriate. If you just hit the 'issue refund" button in eBay, it automatically refunds the entire purchase price. Am I doin it wrong?
As long as you have it set up correctly with the restocking fee in place in the settings, it will be automatic. It will show you the fee and give you a chance to waive it before issuing the refund.

Exception: if the return is for item not as described, no restocking fee is applied.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as you have it set up correctly with the restocking fee in place in the settings, it will be automatic. It will show you the fee and give you a chance to waive it before issuing the refund.

Exception: if the return is for item not as described, no restocking fee is applied.
I must not have it set up correctly.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were you listing auctions or buy it now? If it were the latter (and 30 day listings) then they'd end after 1 November, so they probably wouldn't qualify.

A silly new requirement by ebay, by the way.

Listing BIN, 10 days...but the requirement is for transactions 1 Nov THROUGH 31 Dec. So if listed on Oct 28th for 10 days, sells on Nov 2nd, it falls within that window.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharpro78