• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burberry Britt Trench coat

tan1415

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was shopping at an outlet and bought a Burberry Britt Kensington Midlength Trench coat.

was discounted to 400€.

I don’t have a burberry trench coat yet and it looks really good when I wear it.

afterwards I looked online for more information about this jacket.
And I was surprised that Burberry Britt doesn’t exist anymore.
That this was made in Thailand.
And how many different materials and styles there is of this model.

that is kinda confusing.

1) is Burberry Britt now a line for the outlet? The SA claims that burberry don’t have lines or clothes specially made for outlets.

2) reading Online people say that Britt and theother Lines are the same qualitywise, but is made in different location and Britt is more modern cut than the other lines.
Thailand…Europe and Made in England for teh heritage line.
is this jacket also a gabardine or is Gabarbine material only for the Heritage line?

3) what’s the story with all the different materials being used. I though Burberry trench coat is cotton. Are the polyester mix fakes? Mine is full cotton.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a diffusion line that was discontinued ages ago, if you got it from a Burberry outlet I wouldn't worry about it being fake or anything. You already said you like the way it looks on you, does anything else really matter?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course it’s made in Thailand. That shouldn’t come as a surprise. Most of what Burberry produces is churned out of SE Asian factories.

I think the only items still produced in the UK are their heritage trench coats.

tan1415

Reaction score
It was a diffusion line that was discontinued ages ago, if you got it from a Burberry outlet I wouldn't worry about it being fake or anything. You already said you like the way it looks on you, does anything else really matter?

I wanted know more about this coat and brand.
I didn’t expect that information would be so difficult to find. Hoping a Burberry fanboy could help explain. Like with the Ralph Lauren lines.

tan1415

Reaction score
Of course it’s made in Thailand. That shouldn’t come as a surprise. Most of what Burberry produces is churned out of SE Asian factories.

I think the only items still produced in the UK are their heritage trench coats.

I read or was explained that Burberry in the past had 3 levels.
heritage that was fully made in England.
next up was the Burberry made in Europe factory.
lastly is the lines made in Thailand,

what i Found strange was the explanation that the gabardine made in England was a different weave than the material of the jackets made elsewhere. I don’t know if the material outside of made in england are actually gabardine weave.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sigh, when this coat of yours was made there were three lines at Burberry:

1) Prorsum, the high fashion one, brainchild of Christopher Bailey, made in Italy/England.

2) London, the traditional British country/smart casual one, also made in Italy/England

3) Brit, a more affordable, youthful line with often louder designs on the knits, polos, etc. Used more synthetic fabrics, made in China/Thailand

As to the Gabardine thing, who cares, why did you buy the thing in the first place if this is so important to you? ;DDDD

tan1415

Reaction score
Sigh, when this coat of yours was made there were three lines at Burberry:

1) Prorsum, the high fashion one, brainchild of Christopher Bailey, made in Italy/England.

2) London, the traditional British country/smart casual one, also made in Italy/England

3) Brit, a more affordable, youthful line with often louder designs on the knits, polos, etc. Used more synthetic fabrics, made in China/Tha

As to the Gabardine thing, who cares, why did you buy the thing in the first place if this is so important to you? ;DDDD

Sigh….lol. But knowledge is power…when I buy something I just want to find out more about it. That’s what you can find out on this forum.

Claim to fame of Burberry trench coat is the gabardine weave. So I wonder if this is only with the heritage line or also with the other lines.
tbh I thought it was standard material for all trench coats.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gabardine is not particularly difficult to make and is not unique to Burberry. You can make gabardine from a variety of materials -- cotton, wool, etc. You will be able to tell if your trenchcoat is made of gabardine just by looking at the weave. It is a tightly woven twill weave with a diagonal pattern on the front and a smooth faced back. I'd be surprised if your trenchcoat was not made of gabardine, but bear in mind that it's really nothing particularly special in and of itself.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eduardogs09