• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boxers vs. tidy whitey

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pouch briefs rule.

I like boxers for sleeping in, but it's too much material to wear under pants/jeans, they tend to shift around and bunch up.

ted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
I like boxers for sleeping in, but it's too much material to wear under pants/jeans, they tend to shift around and bunch up.

They don't if you're wearing a nice pair of khakis. Boys gotta breath -
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Boxers. For a time the gap boxers were cut slim, and were my favorites. I need room down there but not a tent.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my vote either goes to boxer briefs or trunk briefs. if you must wear tighty-whities, i'd spring for a few pairs of the american apparel super-bright colored ones. the thing about me is i used to wear boxers but then i started wearing tighter jeans which caused them to bunch up unattractively. so yeah, 2xist is a good brand, and i'm looking to get a pair of nudie boxer briefs as well. but honestly, my hanes and fruit of the looms boxer briefs fit just fine.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tighty whitey's all the way
smile.gif

G79

Reaction score
boxers all the way .. though i am tempted to try out those puma trunks..

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the puma action minimal trunks are actually very comfortable
the only problem i find with them is that you can't put them in the dryer and because of the fabric content, i find that they pill horribly over time
rips trunks are similar and much more durable (but 100% cotton) if you want a minimal trunk style

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
the puma action minimal trunks are actually very comfortable
the only problem i find with them is that you can't put them in the dryer and because of the fabric content, i find that they pill horribly over time
rips trunks are similar and much more durable (but 100% cotton) if you want a minimal trunk style

Your puma action minimal trunks pill? How much time are you talking? I've been wearing the puma trunks daily for about 2+ years now with weekly washes on gentle cycle followed by tumble drying at medium heat. No pilling whatsoever for me. Are you wearing some incredibly abrasive pants?

The only miniscule complaint for me would be strands of elastic coming out of the waistband (only on certain pairs which presumably ended up in higher rotation throughout the 2 years).

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Boxer briefs here... Did boxers for a while, but couldn't handle the bunching. I think another important factor is the color; white underwear looks hideous. I only wear dark grey and black.
Not if you're lean n' tan.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DunderMifflin
puma trunks? why have I never heard of those?
confused.gif

those don't sound comfortable,
smile.gif

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jenaimarr

i found they started to pill after about two to three months
i have no answer as to why other than they have and it's all over, not just any one spot

i wear nothing super tight
i'm not doing anything with super friction but normal workouts or normal wear under jeans etc.
and i air dry them ...... so i can't even blame the dryer

calida makes a similar product with their "just feel" line but it's not as comfortable or form fitting as the puma product

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree having done all - the Y fronts and boxers - which I find the latter chafe because they are so loose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads