• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boxer briefs reccomendations?

New Dialect

Reaction score
Until 2 months ago, I had never been happy with the boxer briefs I owned. They always seemed to be uncomfortable or ill-fitting. While I generally think that one should save money on underwear and spend it on something more visible, I decided to bite the bullet and give up on all the $5-10 pairs I've worn my whole life.

I tested 4 different pairs. I set my price cap at $20 each and sought only the ones that had some spandex content and a decent inseam (no trunks). I ended up with 3 Calvin Kleins and 1 Bjorn Borg. Yes, I went a little heavy on the Calvins, but they met my criteria when not much else did. 2 of the pairs I tested were all synthetic, the other two were cotton based fabrics.

After 2 months of washing and wearing, this is the clear winner. Yes, the color is a bit polarizing (other colors are more $$) and the branding is offensive, but I've decided to pick my battles. These are by far the best underwear I've ever worn.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering... are the Calvin Klein boxer briefs you find at Costco the same as the Calvin Klein everyone here is raving about?

tcolberg

Reaction score
I have some Champions from Costco that are 95% Cotton/5% Spandex. Haven't checked recently to see if they're still stocking them, will do so when I go back though.

scugger

Reaction score
I've always rocked the 4-pack of fruit of the loom from target for 8.99. Cheap and the legs are slightly longer so they don't ride up.

socaldodger

Reaction score
Hanes "Comfort Flex". Best boxer briefs I've ever purchased. I've purchased many different brands and these are by far the best fitting ones. I've washed them many times and they fit the same. You can pick them up at your local target. They're about 10 bucks for a 2 pack. They come in black/gray or navy/light blue. They also have 2 different lengths.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo Low Riser boxer briefs are the best imho. H&M ones arent too bad either.

Merona ones from Target suck as they (unlike the two former) seem to have material fatigue over the course of the day and get all loose and droopy

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
I haven't tried the evolve, but I pretty much only buy CK and 2(x)ist when on sale because they fit/feel great. Price is kinda high, but I picked up like 9 pair of the 2(x)ist on gilt a few weeks ago.

+1 to CK and 2xist brands for fit and comfort. Get them on sale or at outlets.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by socaldodger
Hanes "Comfort Flex". Best boxer briefs I've ever purchased. I've purchased many different brands and these are by far the best fitting ones. I've washed them many times and they fit the same. You can pick them up at your local target. They're about 10 bucks for a 2 pack. They come in black/gray or navy/light blue. They also have 2 different lengths.

This.

Am wearing now, and these are sex on my thighs.

J.T. Thunderbird

Reaction score
Clavin Klein (Steel Micro) low rise........................do it.

They don't bunch, keep my junk comfy, and fit like no other. I just bought 4 today from Macy's.

NachoBroadway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr_economy
Try the Merona line, which can be found at Target (in-store only). Very affordable, very good quality, and plenty of fit/style choices.
worship.gif

bbhewee

Reaction score
Try the Sunspel fitted trunk... The best underwear I own.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nautica Boxer Briefs, so far the most comfortable I've owned.

don't ever by ralph lauren polo briefs, they ride up and become very loose and non-fitting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads