• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm showing my age, but I remember "pegging" your jeans being the movement back in like the 80's. You know when "left, right, left, right, up, down, b, a, select/start" (or something like that) was popular. If you don't get that refernce either, then nevermind lol

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Maybe I'm showing my age, but I remember "pegging" your jeans being the movement back in like the 80's. You know when "left, right, left, right, up, down, b, a, select/start" (or something like that) was popular. If you don't get that refernce either, then nevermind lol

Well, how does pegging make a big different if you're already tucking the jeans into your shoe? If you're talking about just above your shoe, that's different and wouldn't call it a boot tuck. Konami has nothing to do with this topic except i think the soldiers in contra may have had tucked pants

work the raw

Reaction score
I think the boot tuck stands a better chance of working so long as you only ever approach people head-on -- the boot-tuck profile can look pretty ungainly!

In general, especially now that the look is "on-trend," it can read the way it would if, I dunno, a guy had on a nice watch and tucked his sleeve into it, so people !!NOTICED HIS REALLY NICE WATCH!!

I know it sucks to have really nice boots and people can't see how nice they are 'cause your pants are over them, but it's far subtler/flyer when you see someone cross his legs or something, revealing a flash of unseen detail on the upper of his boots, rather than billboarding them.

As far as high-top sneaks, think it's a look that works best if you are a member of Cool Kids, and otherwise risks a certain forced, ARE Weapons-esque choadliness.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

biggrin.gif

Fiddy

Reaction score
You know when "left, right, left, right, up, down, b, a, select/start" (or something like that) was popular. If you don't get that refernce either, then nevermind lol

Ahhh, brings a tear to my eye.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not bad, boots look nice. I'm not sold on the black cardigan with the rest of the ensemble, especially the boots.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JFKJean
my contribution to the boot tuck: fit
Sorry, that absolutely does not work. The ruggedness of the boots (and associated tuckings) clashes with everything else. And is that a black belt?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Raw jeans tucked into boots like that doesn't work. I've already said it before but will say it again. RAW JEANS DON'T GO WITH EVERY SINGLE THING. The fact that raw jeans are by nature stiff, rigid, and especially the slim ones don't allow for decent drape when it comes to tucking. Also, it's an intentionally casual/sloppy look that it doesn't mesh with slightly undone boots or sneakers. Think military inspired where the pants are a bit more full cut, and made from a softer material.

Super10

Reaction score
JFKJean - your boot tuck looks great. they really go well with the raw jeans. But the tie imo doesn't look good with it tho. ditch it and open up some buttons. the boot tuck says semi-rugged (or semi-careless...aka cool). the tie doesn't match with that. You can also try a thicker pullover sweater. Or Go with a simple henley by itself or with a jacket.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliseoMackey