• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boggi

trickers1829

Reaction score
Any new experiences with Boggi? Do they use MOP buttons on their shirts? How is the cut? Do they use darts in the back?

Sebastian

Reaction score
Have a look at their shoes!

Retail for about 180 Euro, Blake stiched and very good value for the money IMHO.
I bought a pair of midnight blue suede double monks in their store in Verona. 118 € on sale.

The jackets are nice. Not too slim but with a modern cut. Still, the relative shortness broke the deal for me. They seem to have more than one line. Most of the stuff is fused, but I have seen some suits retailing for 870 € which were fully canvassed.

I had no closer look at their shirts. Collars and everything were nice, but I doubt they use MOP buttons.

All in all you get good value for the money, but you must not expect high end stuff.

Stavros

Reaction score
I recently got a cheap (120 euros, on sale) Boggi cotton sport coat from a dept store in Athens. Sure, quality is not top-notch (fused), but the cut and the fabric are both really nice for the price. Would probably go back for trousers. Was not impressed by their shirts.

KayJay85

Reaction score
I own 3 pairs of Boggi wool trousers and find them excellent value for money at 95GBP each on sale. As noted earlier, they have a slim, slightly tapered leg which I was searching high and low for. The wool has a very nice "heft" to it and drapes well.

Never tried their shirts or suits.

They have outlets in London at Jermyn St and Kings Road

ville_e

Reaction score
I have a few shirts from Boggi and they are of good quality. Have lasted me for many years now. I have also bought some amazing sports jackets from them!! I'd warmly recommend them if you are in Italy. They are good value for money. I have noticed that a few Boggi shops have opened up in London and elsewhere. For example, on Jermyn Street in London.
smile.gif

JammieDodger

Reaction score
I bought four pairs of formal trousers for work.

Yeah, they're not great quality, stitching on one belt loop has come undone and the buckle tab as well on another pair.

To compare, a Hackett pair which cost 40 more have had no such problems and I prefer the fabric.

literasyme

Reaction score
Hackett's a pretty good comp, I think. I tried on a bunch of Boggi coats in London and in Rome recently, and wasn't too impressed -- fabrics looked OK, but the cut was just too short in the body (and they don't produce Ls, so if your arms are slightly longer than the norm, you're out of luck). Also wasn't impressed with the construction; all fused, and not the lightest kind of fusing either. I'd say their stuff is OK if you can get it on sale and if you're the right body type, but all in all, it struck me as fairly mediocre.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to visit their store in London that just opened up last year. Seems like pretty good quality stuff for the price. Very classical... but italian fit, not american. Italian Brooks Brothers is a pretty apt analogy.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
I like the tweedy feel to a lot of it. A lot of it reminds me of something you'd see in the Andover Shop catalogue.

Hard to tell about the cuts given the limited scope of the photographs, but I like the looks overall.

Not really. The origins of the style are the same but the Andover Shop hews to a traditional
even generous cut: very Ivy League. I've been there. Boggi is a contempo/faddish cut: trim and short.
Also, Andover Shop tends toward heavyish hand loomed tweeds and the like. Not evident in
Boggi Andover is style. Boggi is fashoion.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
Not really. The origins of the style are the same but the Andover Shop hews to a traditional
even generous cut: very Ivy League. I've been there. Boggi is a contempo/faddish cut: trim and short.
Also, Andover Shop tends toward heavyish hand loomed tweeds and the like. Not evident in
Boggi Andover is style. Boggi is fashoion.

Upon closer examination of the Boggi offereings, if you really like them, I think that
you'd freak out at the Andover Shop.

PNW Guy

Reaction score
I purchasd a sport jacket from one of the many Boggi stores in Milan a few months ago. The fabric is Guabello super 130's which has a smooth hand and a slight sheen. Beautiful cloth. The price was 350 euros full retail. The fit is superb but VERY Italian. Form fitting, slim lines, lots of waist suppression, slim arms and high arm holes. Not for the portly man. Construction quality is a solid B+. Interlinings are fused but that's not always as bad as people make it out to be, if done correctly. Overall one of my favorite jackets. I get compliments on it all the time. I wish Boggi would open a store stateside.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a pair of trousers made of Angelico tasmanian wool and made in Romania for 100 USD (full price). Any idea who makes them ?

sqweegle

Reaction score
I didn't want to resurrect an old thread, but since my question went unanswered in the quick question thread, I'm posting it here. Could someone tell me definitively how their sizes are? Would a Large correspond to an italian size 50 (ie relatively small)?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member