• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BMW 3 Series vs BMW 5 series

Prince

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
The e90 3-series is much better looking than the e60 5-series. With that said, if you do get a new 5-series, don't be one of those people that gets the smallest engine, like the 528. It's a big, heavy 5-series, at least get the 535.

How do you mean smallest engine is the 528, you also have the 520.

I cannot get myself to liking the latest 5-series. I am a BMW conservative and it always takes me time to get to like new models, but with this 5 I cannot help but feeling negative about it.

bkk

Reaction score
I'll echo what some other have said:
3-series coupe then 5-series.

The E90 sedan/saloon looks terrible. The differences in the E46 coupe and the saloon/sedan were very few, at least from a exterior design stand-point.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still can't decide which one I prefer. Luckily, I have no plans of buying either so this isn't a serious problem.
laugh.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Get a Jag.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
What do you drive?

Taxis, Subways and Lincoln Towncars.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
I hope that is a joke! Recent Jags are ugly IMO
The 2009 models are all pretty nice imo
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Taxis, Subways and Lincoln Towncars.
What?!? No chauffeured Maybach? I though you were rich.
laugh.gif
(Seriously, if I comfortably get around Edmonton without a car, I'd sell mine for sure. Driving is a huge pain **********.)

Beta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicad2000
+1, one of the most under-appreciated yet somewhat mainstream cars I can think of. I'd love to come across a well-maintained 840i in a few years when I can afford a second car.

They can be picked up rather inexpensively, my fathers second vehicle is a garage queen 1997 840ci supposedly previously owned by Gary Sheffield. Its a pretty cool car, but nowhere close to deserving its absurd sticker price in its day. No B pillar ont he windows is pretty cool. Its a pain ********** to get into the trunk where the batteries are if they are dead!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads