• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Thrift Shops in LA

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Ha...my specialty. Did you just move into the neighborhood?

There's a goodwill on Hollywood just east of Vermont. Fair selection as many hipsters will dump their old goods there. If you're not in the mood to hunt down preemo stuff, Ozzie Dot's is just one block west (right next to Wacko's). I think of Ozzie's as a goldmine and while prices are usually pretty fair, you're essentially paying them for scouring other thrift shops for the best. Most shirts are anywhere from $6-30 and jackets can go much higher but their selection makes it worth it, if not even a bargain.

A bigger and not quite as refined place would be Aardvarks. There's one on Melrose but I've usually had better luck going to the one in Pasadena on Colorado since I feel that it gets less traffic=better goods. I still think of Ozzie's as a better, more compact version of Aardvark's, but A's is big enough that you're bound not only to find something, but something actually in your size.

Start there.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
+2 on Aardvarks colorado blvd

the melrose one will have better high end vintage pieces that collectors want (esp their 50s gabardine jacket selection on the wall) but they are priced knowing how much the stuff is worth

melrose has a few you can hit up

Wasteland...good if you want to find some older designer gear
Slow
Jetrag (on Labrea, 2 blocks north of melrose)

There's also a few on Sunset in silverlake (raggmop is the only store who's name I can actually remember)

as in all thrift/vintage shopping, it's hit/miss

*and if you go to Ozzies/Goodwill on Hollywood.....check out Glory, it's about half block west of Wackos...they have some really cool gear if yer into motorcycles or 50s style ****. and their Glory 1955 selvage jean is *imo* a hidden denim gem in LA

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's also Squaresville on Vermont. I haven't been in there in ages but they had some good stuff from time to time.

Max

Reaction score
Squaresville was good when I stumbled in last January.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads