• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Items at Trader Joe's

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greek yogurt, dried pasta, nuts, dried fruit and cheese. I sometimes get their frozen dumplings for a quick meal when I'm in a rush but I won't pretend they're any better than marginally good.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Olive Oil
Frozen brown rice
Cheese
Frozen gnocchi
Noodles
Nuts

The standout though is that frozen brown rice. For pre-cooked it's great.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Frozen rice? Hrm. Never heard of it.

It's not mind-blowing but for a quick addition to a meal it's very serviceable. Definitely worth a try.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the concept. Reminds me of one of my college ex-roommates who would buy frozen Mac & Cheese (the ****** easy mac style kind also).

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unlike mac and cheese, proper brown rice takes about 40 minutes. This is done almost instantly and tastes good.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coffee is great value.
Frozen garlic naan is awesome.
Their cracker selection is great as well. Most of them being around a buck for a box.

They used to have a condiment called tomato chutney that came in an 8 oz jar. I think this was discontinued recently as I haven't seen it but i could eat it with a spoon. Smoky, spicy, and sweet. Looked like burnt ketchup. That was the best culinary duct tape I have ever come across.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
cheap beer/house wines
dried fruits, I always get the dried mangosteens/rambutans

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
My ex didn't really have much time or inclination for cooking, so she bought a lot of prepared and frozen stuff from Trader Joe's. Everything I ate I remember tasting fine, and pretty good for frozen meals.

+1 on the frozen meals. You can find relatively low-fat, high protein meals (with varying calorie counts) that are also quite tasty. I think they're not afraid to add spice. I regularly buy their frozen tofu pad thai and kung pao chicken for those nights when I just don't have time to cook.

Their produce sucks.

GSquared

Reaction score
Edamame Hummus is really good.

Their burritos are actually good for frozen burritos.

Also, I like the idea of the frozen halved avocados.... It seems like when you buy fresh ones, they are never at the right ripeness (in MN anyway).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads