• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Chocolates in the World??

downtowniest

Reaction score
simply fantastic: http://www.lamaisonduchocolat.com/en/index.php#/home

eat and weep.
wink.gif
so, so worth it. enjoy!

Originally Posted by big_kev
I want to buy the best chocolates in the world as a gift for someone special (my mammy
musicboohoo[1].gif
). We get these belgian chocolates called leonidas in ireland and they're the best I know of.

Rolex make watches, rolls royce make cars, who makes chocolates?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finally found some valrhona 70%...man this stuff is great! It snaps, and you can really taste the tannins. The mouthfeel is exceptional

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Locally, the best are Casteleyn Belgian Chocolates -- here's a couple of reviews from Chowhound:

The absolute best handmade Belgian Chocolates can be found at a little shop called Casteleyn Belgian Chocolates, at the foot of Brant St. in Burlington. The chocolates are made from fresh milk, creme, and cocoa, and will spoil if not eaten in a reasonable amount of time (unless refrigerated of course).. besides, they don't last long enough to be refrigerated..

Xerius..
I couldn't agree more with Xerius. Casteleyn chocolates blew me away. I was most impressed by their chocolate covered caramels. I have never been a fan of caramels, mostly because the texture is either too hard or so soft, the caramel drips. Casteleyn's caramels had a texture unlike any caramel I had ever had. It gently gave way when bitten but wasn't liquidy. It was perfectly creamy. Now I am even more of a snob when it comes to caramels because I know nothing will come close to a Casteleyn caramel.
If you do get downtown in Burlington and have a craving for coffee or sweets, check out Casteleyn chocolates (Brant at Lakeshore), a family owned Belgian chocolate shop. They're usually closed Sundays but probably open in the run-up to the Christmas season. I have tried chocolates across the world (actually, just Europe and North America...) and this place is still number one in my mind. They make a killer cafe mocha with their own chocolate shavings. I have created many addicts...

Enjoy your visit!!
A blurb from page 2 here, which also has a couple of pictures: http://runmyerrand.ca/assets/InBurlington.pdf
Belgian chocolate made right here in Burlington? Yes, it's true. Casteleyn Belgian Chocolatiers was started 17 years ago by brothers Mark and Luk Casteleyn, who brought theirunique brand to the Burlington downtown in 2001. Mark, trained in his native Belgium as a chocolatier, uses imported ingredients from Belgium in his recipes. While in the store you can also relax with a fresh coffee as you watch the chocolates being made through a round porthole window that gives a peek into the manufacturing area. There are many types of Belgian chocolates available today but Casteleyn's provides some of the finest, freshest and most traditional you will ever taste.

http://www.shopexploredinedowntownan...ocolatiers.php

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I like more punch in my chocolates.
How French of you. Next time you are in Paris, try Christian Constant, if you haven't already. I prefer his stuff to D&G. You should also talk to RJman, I think he has tried about every chocolate shop in Paris...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by big_kev
Rolex make watches, rolls royce make cars, who makes chocolates?

If you would like the Chocolate equivalent of what Rolex is to watches, then I would recommend a cadburys dairy milk bar or a kitkat - available in every 5th shop you walk past

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hate to bring "home town" into it, but Noka Chocolates from Plano, TX are pretty amazing.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not a big fan of Lindt, but their 99% chocolate is amazing.

+1
Lindt sucks. As does pretty much all Swiss chocolate (ok, granted, Idilio Origins is an exception that proves the rule).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads