• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berluti-Very appealing to me :)

allegro

Reaction score
Will confess however,
the Berluti in real life look better than in photos.
Was tempted to buy a pair,
but poor price to quality ratio.
Would wear it maybe once or twice a year,
so not worth it.
Would get much more satisfaction from a handmade shoe.

Seriously considered Berluti bespoke through a trunk show like set up,
but at 10,000 USD quoted 2 - 3 years ago it was a real sticker shock.
+ made much worse with overseas currency conversion.
Probably much more now.
Ouch.

I think if you are only going to wear it once or twice a year, it is not really a good shoe or match for you no matter the price.

To me, it is only worth it if you use it often and you get lots of satisfaction from using the product.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Ford shoes try to imitate bespoke,
but it basic factory made shoes that fall far short of true elite artisans.
That waist is dreadful,
no fine craftsmanship at all.

All these shoes are o.k if you are not a shoe connoisseur and want the basic look,
but they lack numerous features that real shoe people look for.
We also do not like imitation shoes.

Need specifics! How is the waist ‘dreadful’? Looks pretty clean to me.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need specifics! How is the waist ‘dreadful’? Looks pretty clean to me.

Compare the machine cut waist with ugly indent marks on the Tom Ford waist to properly hand carved waist done by an artisan.

Tom Ford
Fiddleback waist TOM FORD.jpeg

Proper bespoke waist done by an artisan

Fiddleback waist 2.jpg
Fiddleback waist 1.jpg

The Tom Ford is a brute,
factory workers do machine grinding that is uneven (no care taken) with the roller indents being uneven and ghastly.

The other waists are art.
Much more care taken.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you are only going to wear it once or twice a year, it is not really a good shoe or match for you no matter the price.

To me, it is only worth it if you use it often and you get lots of satisfaction from using the product.

My mindset is different.
My blake shoes will be fancy and only get worn once or twice a year as a treat in warmer weather.
If me wear anymore than that the satisfaction will go down because the construction is too light for me,
but wearing occasionally hits the right balance.
It all about beauty/fun v's construction.

For me shoes are about filling certain moments of satisfaction.
The key is to know when to wear certain shoes.

Berluti rtw would be for those special fun days when outside and sunny;
maximum satisfaction and a treat,
but would never want to overdo it because the fun would be lost.
Handmade shoes are a different type of mindset again.
Handmade shoes are worn almost daily because of the feel,
and when something feels great/perfect it never gets old,
but wearing light flimsy factory shoes can get old if overdone.
(old = boring/tiring)

Hard to explain my mindset,
but this mindset has developed over many years and it serve me very well.

Last edited:

Leander walker

Reaction score
Berluti makes great quality briefcases,and in business appropriate styles Their shoes however are in colours and styles inappropriate for most businessman. Great if you are a card shark or gigolo. And who doesn't know a goodyear welt shoe is superior to one that is Blake stitched

Amigo

Reaction score
Я видел несколько тем, где люди просто ненавидели дизайн, но некоторые из их продуктов мне действительно понравились. Изделие, показанное здесь, можно использовать как рюкзак и как большую сумку, оно имеет приятные конструктивные особенности, такие как отдельное отделение для ноутбука и достаточное пространство для хранения различных предметов. Мне также очень нравится цвет этой сумки, поэтому я купила ее себе.:)

Конечно, продукция Berluti недешева, но, поскольку у меня есть обувь и ремень от Berluti, они действительно очень хорошо выдерживают длительное использование.

В какой-то момент у Berluti были холщовые сумки с логотипом, и я их ненавидел. Владелец магазина сказал мне, что они непопулярны, поэтому они собираются постепенно отказаться от них, и в настоящее время они продаются.

Магазин Berluti, в котором я был, никогда не был полон, и я часто являюсь единственным покупателем, поэтому, думаю, мой вкус, вероятно, не соответствует вкусам широкой публики.:)
я тоже люблю берлути.

Attachments

• 20220529_183121.jpg
    20220529_183121.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240129_112541.jpg
    20240129_112541.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 20240129_112653.jpg
    20240129_112653.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 484

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wrong language eh? (Plus one that isn’t really that popular anymore due to obvious reasons…)

lgayne

Reaction score
I have a range of shoes which include Edward Green, John Lobb, Vass, Gaziano & Girling, Saint Crispin, George Cleverly, Alden (from my early days of shoe interest) and…several Berluti. Almost all of these have been purchased on eBay or other venues in lightly used or new condition, at a (small) fraction of the retail price - only one item (from G&G) was purchased new. So “retail pricing” can be put aside on many such purchases. Arguing about “construction value per dollar” is pretty on-dimensional, to my mind. What about the value of design? or uniqueness? Or boldness to do things that others (mostly) aren’t - true hiking boots, sneakers, etc? My Berluti’s have all held up well, though nothing I have (of any kind) gets more than 5-10 wears per year. I’ve only ever had one pair (of early purchase Aldens) even resoled. I love many of the Berlutis, due mostly to the incredibly artistic finishing, or sometimes just the boldness to go “where no one has gone before”.

If someone wants the arguments to end with “construction quality per dollar spent, at new list prices“(which as in my case can practically always be avoided - paying at list, that is), then buy a couple of Vass shoes and be done with it. I’d personally prefer a range of exciting, classic, adventurous, even casual shoe options (which for many of us constitute the vast majority of our wear needs). Fashion is very much in the eye of the beholder, though I can tell you that I get more compliments per war for my Berlutis than anything else. They can really catch the imagination, or the eye.

So, perhaps, to each his own?

lgayne

Reaction score
To me, I still prefer the colouring style from Berluti as it seems more tastefully done. Graziat's colouring based on the pictures you posted is a bit too abrupt for my liking :( I also find their style a bit strange as the front part seems a little too short.

The Berluti shoe you posted isn't to my liking either :)
Completely agree. Those colors above are too over the top for my taste. Berluti tend to stick to basic browns and maroons, for the most part. Colors that go with a lot of things, without calling TOO much attention to themselves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads