• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berlin Cops Banned From Wearing "Skinhead" Attire like Ben Sherman and Fred Perry

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does this mean in Germany it is safe to buy illegal drugs, guns, explosives, etc from anyone wearing a Ben Sherman or Fred Perry shirt, without the risk of talking to an undercover Policeman?
Originally Posted by unjung
Third result for Thor Steinar on Google: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=414896. Weird. The other stuff, frankly, I can understand it. When you're at work, there are certain things you can and cannot wear, and I think in the case of the police, there should be strict standards.
Looking back, I probably shouldn't of clicked that link on my computer at work...
confused.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
should they also be banned from driving volkswagens, or wearing flieger watches?

I believe they are trying to steer them away from a current neo-nazi look, not to wear anything that may be associated with the German army. I don't know if neo-nazis wear fliegers or drive beetles

To Sir with Love

Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Hilarious developments. Thor Steinar has apparently been bought by an arabian conglomerate. Needless to say, their "clientele" is not amused.
lol8[1].gif

I love irony.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fresnorich
First of all, I understand that skinheads are not by definition racist.

My question is this: Is there any change that a white male, living in California, around 40 yrs. old, with a short (buzz) haircut or even bald and wearing a Fred Perry polo might be misconstrued as or associated with a racist? I'd like to pick up a few FP polos, but I'm a public school teacher in a very diverse district and I don't want to take any chances.

No. I have never had a problem. 32, white male, N.Cal FP polos= a non issue.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I believe they are trying to steer them away from a current neo-nazi look, not to wear anything that may be associated with the German army. I don't know if neo-nazis wear fliegers or drive beetles

you're right... probably Opels.

seamless74

Reaction score
34 shaved head oklahoma city and yes i have been asked several times if im a skinhead
i find the whole situation absolutely ridiculous. however if its possible for a polo to look intimidating or tough then FP would definately be it...

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to reopen a dead post, but i figure its better than starting a new one for a similar situation. I love wearing brighter coloured buttons downs, denim jackets and jeans/casual trousers. However, I also wear the occasional military boot (real), and Ive been thinking of wearing suspenders as well. Now ive got short hair, because of the army and all...... and Im worried about attracting attention as a "skin head" here in north america, specifically Toronto.

I didnt start out wearing all these pieces, they just slowly became what I like to wear, and I realized while watching a movie, my look is developing into skin-head territory. Ive always been kinda punk, but this is a stigmation Id like to avoid.

Thoughts?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ sounds like you'll have no choice but to "shave in"

1_332520167l.jpg

speaking of this thread and the original post......I was scrolling thru the internet and totally randomly came across a website that had an article about the German cops banned from wearing Fred Perry etc, and there was a photo used in the article, that photograph was of ME, something I posted on this forum WAYWT like 2 years ago.....i cut the pic off at my head so the face wasnt visible but it was me standing there wearing a FP shirt!!!! wtf??!!! haha pretty ironic.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ but seriously dood, you're not going to escape the skinhead association with the look you're describing to sport.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose I could always throw a Dead Kennedys "Nazi Punks **** Off" symbol in the mix. Is ben sherman and suspenders ok, as long as its dress shoes on or something?

alexwgoody

Reaction score
The guy who started Ben Sherman was Jewish. I don't think many Jews promote neo-nazism, but I could be wrong though.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
I suppose I could always throw a Dead Kennedys "Nazi Punks **** Off" symbol in the mix. Is ben sherman and suspenders ok, as long as its dress shoes on or something?

just do what ya want and **** the rest. Obviously you know what kind of look you might end up referencing so it's not like yer clueless.

Originally Posted by alexwgoody
The guy who started Ben Sherman was Jewish. I don't think many Jews promote neo-nazism, but I could be wrong though.

ever watch the movie The Believer?

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fresnorich
Is there any change that a white male, living in California, around 40 yrs. old, with a short (buzz) haircut or even bald and wearing a Fred Perry polo might be misconstrued as or associated with a racist?

crackup[1].gif

(I should note that I'm not laughing at YOU ('cause hey, if you don't know, you don't know), but I must say the notion that a FP polo might indicate that you *ahem* "hate the darkies" is so absurd as to be quite the knee-slapper.)

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
This is silly. But the Germans are pretty sensitive, not to mention super leftist. There's a German kid I know, gets real offended at Nazi comments. Makes sense for Germany, but it seems strange to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads