• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beers for Summer?

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite summer beers are Veltins and any Kristalweisse I can get my hands on. (Around here, it's just Tucher, but it's reasonably good stuff.)

Also, lately I've been enjoying Kölsch from a local microbrewer.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Corona with lime cannot be beat for me. I always drink Mexican beer in the summer, and I suspect Mojitos will be consumed this one as well.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Corona with lime cannot be beat for me. I always drink Mexican beer in the summer, and I suspect Mojitos will be consumed this one as well.

Good call on the Mojitos, Brian. I'm on a huge kick now. I get a couple of spearmint plants every week from my grocer and put them on the window sill and clip off leaves as I need them for the mojitos. I really have to upgrade my barware though as my cooler-style glasses don't cut it for mojitos.

Make sure you use key limes and not tahitan ones, though.

That way you can also make some frozen daquiris.

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Krombacher and Staropramen. Both are excellent crisp beers and good for the summer. Though the most refreshing thing for summer IMO a nice gin and tonic. Last week I was out and the sun was beating down so I stopped in a bar. A gin and tonic, the best jukebox you could imagine and an empty bar..if something beats that on a summer lunchtime I'd love to hear it!

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnymarrsbarres
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Krombacher and Staropramen. Both are excellent crisp beers and good for the summer. Though the most refreshing thing for summer IMO a nice gin and tonic. Last week I was out and the sun was beating down so I stopped in a bar. A gin and tonic, the best jukebox you could imagine and an empty bar..if something beats that on a summer lunchtime I'd love to hear it!

I see your point, but I would venture that a dozen oysters on the half-shell and a pitcher of draft in a beach-front shack might edge out the G&T

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
I see your point, but I would venture that a dozen oysters on the half-shell and a pitcher of draft in a beach-front shack might edge out the G&T

I'll see your oysters and raise you a small restaraunt at the edge of the Mediterrannean with several bottles of KEO and a plate piled with fresh-fried small maritha (μαρίδα) fish, souvlakia, sheftalia & fried squid with piles of large chips.
Blast, it you people are making me homesick
cry.gif

P.s. San Juan sounds awfully nice though
thumbs-up.gif

Oddly Familiar

Reaction score
Go with Mickies. Technically it's a malt liquor, but I call it beer. 12% ABV. Make it as cold as possible, and just drink. It's only $1.40 for a 40 oz. If that doesn't quench your thirst nothing will.

Around here, kids get Keystone because it's 30 beers for 15 bucks. Tastes like piss though. Well, until you get to the 9th one. Then you can't really taste it.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
I'll see your oysters and raise you a small restaraunt at the edge of the Mediterrannean with several bottles of KEO and a plate piled with fresh-fried small maritha (μαρίδα) fish, souvlakia, sheftalia & fried squid with piles of large chips.
Blast, it you people are making me homesick
cry.gif

P.s. San Juan sounds awfully nice though
thumbs-up.gif

Seems the only way we can settle this debate is to try them all. Actually the oysters and draft are more of a Florida thing. In San Juan you have these little kiosks on the beach that sell pinchos, which are just kabobs, in pork, chicken or beef -- also crab turnovers and conch or octopus salad in plastic cups, drowning in lime, cilantro and oil, and washed down with a cold Medalla beer. Come to think of it, that's pretty damned nice too.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar
Go with Mickies. Technically it's a malt liquor, but I call it beer. 12% ABV. Make it as cold as possible, and just drink. It's only $1.40 for a 40 oz. If that doesn't quench your thirst nothing will.

I feel like in that situation "quench your thirst" means that you stumble around for a bit and pass out. Although there is a nice mental image of someone in a bespoke linen suit or $300 Japanese jeans picking the most raw alcohol for their buck to cool off.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
Seems the only way we can settle this debate is to try them all. Actually the oysters and draft are more of a Florida thing. In San Juan you have these little kiosks on the beach that sell pinchos, which are just kabobs, in pork, chicken or beef -- also crab turnovers and conch or octopus salad in plastic cups, drowning in lime, cilantro and oil, and washed down with a cold Medalla beer. Come to think of it, that's pretty damned nice too.

The latter sounds much better than the oysters
biggrin.gif

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been doing the Corona thing all summer so far. $2 corona nights on Thursday is great too!

I second...or third, the mojitos. I tried the caipirinhas as recommended on this forum and those are very good as well.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best beer ever. Beats the hell out of Corona, IMO

184%20Modelo%20espcecial%20bottle.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads