• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BBBF flash sale

foxpar

Reaction score
I think the Canvas Oxfords are certainly fine and so is the Oxford shirt. Obviously not the key pieces of a lifetime.

JakeLA

Reaction score
It's all ridiculous, ill-fitting crap. Why BB persists with this line despite having to dump it all every season at 75% off is baffling.

thomaspaine

Reaction score
It's all ridiculous, ill-fitting crap. Why BB persists with this line despite having to dump it all every season at 75% off is baffling.

I'm assuming like any business, they persist with the line because it makes money. None of that is spring 2012, most of it is stuff that was already on sale from previous seasons or what looks to be fall 2012 samples. If you like the TB aesthetic, $400 for a full canvas suit is a steal.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suits have gotten much shittier since switching to the BB factories from Caruso.

Everything was ugly at the pre-sale too for the most part. I bought one of the long-sleeve polos during the last sale and they're pretty nice, but not really that much of a bargain at 70 bucks or whatever.

Jackie Treehorn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BBBF jumped the shark around Fall '09 or so. There hasn't been a piece worth buying since then, barring the occasional oxford buttondown.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suits have gotten much shittier since switching to the BB factories from Caruso.
Everything was ugly at the pre-sale too for the most part. I bought one of the long-sleeve polos during the last sale and they're pretty nice, but not really that much of a bargain at 70 bucks or whatever.

How have the suits changed? I own a couple Caruso suits from season 1 and thought the overall quality was nice, but the fit was slightly baggy on me even after a lot of alteration (although length is perfect since I'm in between short/regular). I ended up grabbing a navy solid from this sale to use as a beater suit, assuming it would be pretty similar to my other BBBF suits.

I also grabbed a couple ties and the suede longwings, will see how those turn out.

I guess worst case scenario is I will return this stuff, since BB is very open to returns in general.

nelsypants

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did anybody grab a pair of the tuxedo pants in the BB0? I'm happy to pay 150USD + shipping costs to Australia.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How have the suits changed? I own a couple Caruso suits from season 1 and thought the overall quality was nice, but the fit was slightly baggy on me even after a lot of alteration (although length is perfect since I'm in between short/regular). I ended up grabbing a navy solid from this sale to use as a beater suit, assuming it would be pretty similar to my other BBBF suits.
I also grabbed a couple ties and the suede longwings, will see how those turn out.
I guess worst case scenario is I will return this stuff, since BB is very open to returns in general.

Fabric has noticeably declined in quality, buttoning point is higher, shoulders are boxier. Just my point of view.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads