• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB 1818 Fitzgerald fit check

doublemazaa

Reaction score
bb1818fitz.jpg

Thoughts? Sorry for sub par photo quality and cluttered background.

Thanks.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
Fits like its supposed to fit, which is why I wouldn't buy a BB suit. They just aren't very structured in the waist, there is no suppression, and the shoulders are soft.

Looks exactly like it was meant to look though, especially for OTR.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I actually think it looks pretty good! I'd recomend going to a short though since you'll show some cuff and the jacket which looks a little long will be better. On discount I think these are good pickups.

TRA8324

Reaction score
Looks a little long to me. The quarters also seem pretty closed, but that might change after you take the waist in. Otherwise see if you can go down a size. One of the nice things about BB is they offer all sizes and not just increments of 2.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doublemazaa,

Ignore butterfly style, if you read his contributions you will see that he's a bit of an ass.
Agree with the others that it could be shorter and that you should try to size down one just to check. All in all, not bad though...

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also post a picture of the back of the jacket, looks a bit long as stated, and you have a shoulder low. wo

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aye it looks long, but well within normal range. I'd give that an eight out of ten overall and it is a good score.

Just remember to pull the right sleeve of your shirt out a bit - show a bit of cuff that side. Only kidding, I see you were in store and in a hurry with little time for aesthetics like that. But do adjust the sleeve length of the jacket about 1/2 inch in. Tad long.

doublemazaa

Reaction score
Well, that was a 36 short, so I don't think there's much option for going smaller or shorter. Where should the bottom of the jacket fall ideally?

Thanks.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by doublemazaa
Well, that was a 36 short, so I don't think there's much option for going smaller or shorter. Where should the bottom of the jacket fall ideally?

Thanks.

If that's a 36 short then don't worry about the length. I think it looks fine.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 to the "looks good" crowd. A bit long, but if that's the shortest size, then just have your tailor shorten it a bit--or not, it's really not bad.

Could use some more waist suppression, but that's an easy thing for a tailor to fix.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Looks really good to me, especially for OTR. The coat is not necessarily too long, but at the longer end of acceptable in my opinion. I wouldn't worry about the length.

bcjohn

Reaction score
I think it looks terrific, especially for an OTR suit without any alterations.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just have the sleeves adjusted and you'll be good. Good fit for OTR.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads