• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barney's Warehouse Sale NYC

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any of you guys been to the current Barney's Warehouse Sale in Chelsea in NYC yet? I've found some great stuff there before... but I've also been to a few sales that were total duds, with nothing nice... just a bunch of fused crap or Jersey boy stuff... like fused Valentino black suits with gangsta chalkstripes.

Is the selection any good this time around? Any good-quality, handmade Italian garments? Suits/Sportcoats? I'm thinking about heading up on Friday, but only if there's going to be anything there worth looking at.

Thanks for any and all advice.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's been some discussion of it in the Manhattan Sales Alert! thread. I haven't been, but people seemed to be grousing who had.

Avers

Reaction score
I stopped by today. Comparing to last year sale current one is a disapointment.

I didn't see any decent suits in my size, shoes were nothing noticeable and shirts were mostly Barney's brand.

Even if they mark what they have out so far down by 50% - I just don't see myself getting any of their offerings...

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Any of you guys been to the current Barney's Warehouse Sale in Chelsea in NYC yet? ...

Is the selection any good this time around? Any good-quality, handmade Italian garments? Suits/Sportcoats?

Good quality handmade Italian garments -- seem to be limited to a handful of Battistoni suits that, when I was there on Sunday, were going for around $700 (down from mid- to high-$2000s). Other more known names such as Brioni appeared to be totally absent. The other suits that caught my eye were Lanvin, which I'd wager are Italian-made.

The sports jackets are a real disappointment. In the past, there were always a few Kiton, Brioni, Zegna that were mixed in with lots of Burberry and Barneys. Not this year from what I saw.

Still, if you have catholic taste in shoes, there are some good things to be found. I saw several C&J, Bettanin & Venturi, Lidfort, etc. that the mass pass on. Sometimes more adventurous (monk straps, suede, unusual colors), but things mixed in seemed okay.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
was there at lunch, still 25% and that was only on the red tag suits. waiting for a greater markdown, which from memory, has come sooner in previous sales.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
was there at lunch, still 25% and that was only on the red tag suits. waiting for a greater markdown, which from memory, has come sooner in previous sales.

Thanks. I seem to remember it coming earlier, but perhaps my memory is just being impatient.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads