• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B. Nelson Shoes recraft results

East Oakland

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick V.
Don't wear them any longer. Do them now.

Thanks for the response. I'll be sending them your way soon.

Still debating whether I want to get sole guards on them, though. I wear them at least twice a week, but they are fairly sleek Paul Smiths and i feel like soul guards will kill their aesthetics.

REguy

Reaction score
Anyone know if it's a problem to resole a pair of shoes with leather if they came from the factory with either a crepe or red brick sole?

I've read some posts about Alden where they can only resole crepe with crepe but are able to do leather to crepe. I'm looking at buying some old goodyear welted spikeless golf shoes, but only if I can get them resoled with leather and spikes.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Would you all be comfortable sending high end shoes to B Nelson for a resole , eg. lobb, green, etc.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
As someone who's had B.Nelson resole a pair of Alden shells and C&J handgrades, the answer is absolutely YES.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Apart from sending them back to the manufacturer, does anyone know somewhere in London that would do as good a job as mentioned as B.Nelson?

Also, could someone inform me of the current price for a full Church's refurbishment?

I would also be interested to know if any repeat customer has noticed of any change in the standard of the service since the switch of ownership.

Thanks.

Last edited:

BerryWall

Reaction score
Check the blog The Shoe Snob for "My Recommended Shoe Cobbler". The pictures of a pair of shoes resoled are impressive.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads