• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

click here

Reaction score
So Tim Cahill has got a new fashion line

:crazy:

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one will see the belt and shoes close enough together to judge. Unless you wear them to yoga class!

All you really need is for your leather, belt, shoes and watch strap to be close enough in colour, tone and hue to not look contrasting. The don't really need to be exactly the same. You'll get away alright with a dark brown belt and black shoes but not so well with a black belt and brown shoes. I think a reversible good quality dress/formal belt is a great investment. Most of the reversibles I've seen are black and burgundy not brown for some reason.

For a good casual belt the bloke at camberwell market makes very good ones. He'll make to measure while you wait with your choice of leather, buckle and style. $20.i think he might do vic market too. I think it's called aegeon leather or similar.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Tim Cahill has got a new fashion line

:crazy:

That jacket looks fully sick.

No one will see the belt and shoes close enough together to judge. Unless you wear them to yoga class!

All you really need is for your leather, belt, shoes and watch strap to be close enough in colour, tone and hue to not look contrasting. The don't really need to be exactly the same. You'll get away alright with a dark brown belt and black shoes but not so well with a black belt and brown shoes. I think a reversible good quality dress/formal belt is a great investment. Most of the reversibles I've seen are black and burgundy not brown for some reason.

For a good casual belt the bloke at camberwell market makes very good ones. He'll make to measure while you wait with your choice of leather, buckle and style. $20.i think he might do vic market too. I think it's called aegeon leather or similar.

When I was hunting for a belt I didn't end up going all the way to camberwell but vic market stall is pretty alright. Only 20 bucks ish. I think I need to go back to punch another hole in the belt. Dropped 2 belt holes since I got active again.

Last edited:

jmills

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Where would one source some decent cufflinks these days? I thought I might try to locate some subtle, simple ones for variety from silk knots. I just checked Drakes of London and it appears they no longer carry cufflinks.

I already know of Kent Wang and also the slim pickings from The Armoury. Are there any other vendor/brand options I'm forgetting? I have flicked through the sites of 'fashion houses' and various jewellery designers', but unsurprisingly not seeing a great many double sided, tasteful designs similar to what I know Drakes used to have.

Cheers

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Where would one source some decent cufflinks these days? I thought I might try to locate some subtle, simple ones for variety from silk knots. I just checked Drakes of London and it appears they no longer carry cufflinks.

I already know of Kent Wang and also the slim pickings from The Armoury. Are there any other vendor/brand options I'm forgetting? I have flicked through the sites of 'fashion houses' and various jewellery designers', but unsurprisingly not seeing a great many double sided, tasteful designs similar to what I know Drakes used to have.

Cheers

Nomanwalksalone has some good formal ones. I actually like some of the ones from Oroton, for a local option, but they aren't double sided. Pictures on website look crap though.

eightace

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Cheers
I think Penrose have some superb designs. You can get the at Henry Bucks, or online.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Marbles

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Cheers

Vintage from Ebay. Massive selection and easy to get a really nice double sided pair for under $50.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Gents, I'm taking the plunge.

Who should pop my PJT cherry?

Is Tom still in Melb and doing fittings?

Gerry you're a nice guy, who do you go with?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, I'm taking the plunge.

Who should pop my PJT cherry?

Is Tom still in Melb and doing fittings?

Gerry you're a nice guy, who do you go with?

Just walk in and ask for their top tailor - they will sort you out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads