• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to meet at Jimmy's on the Mall tomorrow evening.

I can be there at 5:00 or 5:30 or really whatever time suits.

What do others think?

530 would be perfect for me mate.

Great - look forward to seeing you then.

Are you going to be wearing your suede A-1 for easy identification?

I'm wearing a grey suit in a large-scale, glen-plaid check with a brown grenadine tie, so I expect that it will be fairly easy to spot me.

lukejackson

Reaction score
Great - look forward to seeing you then.

Are you going to be wearing your suede A-1 for easy identification?

I'm wearing a grey suit in a large-scale, glen-plaid check with a brown grenadine tie, so I expect that it will be fairly easy to spot me.

Haha, I'm already at work and will head straight from there, so cannot don the A-1. Grey jacket with creamish trousers, blue shirt, chukkas, devilish charm and boyish good looks.

PM'ed my mobile btw.

EDIT: And a frosty brew to regulate my devil-may-care attitude.

Last edited:

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Out of self imposed SF posting exile to post my new Kimber Chukkas that I picked up yesterday from the pop-up shop:

ryanohare

Reaction score
Good on him n all, but all of the Kimber stuff I've seen looks pretty underwhelming to be honest. I get the craftmanship and work that's gone into it, but some of the pieces look dreadful to me.

Different strokes I guess...

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a different note, Christian has a lot of left over beer and is having drinks at the pop up store on Friday night after work so come down if you're free.

10 July at Blender Studios, 110 Franklin Street, Melbourne

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a different note, Christian has a lot of left over beer and is having drinks at the pop up store on Friday night after work so come down if you're free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman

What time exactly, Gerry? I finish work at 8.31am.

TBM, you're going to be hanging around in town for rather a long time, in that case!

RKLan

Reaction score

I wouldn't not hire you based just on your tie (I'm not blahman), but as far as the outfit goes it's a bit shiny and the colour looks, for want of a better term, cheap.

Apologies if it was a gift from H/SWMBO etc.

Here are comments on my own questionable choice of tie for an interview. Surely a lovely HC grenadine (in an excellent colour) should not cause you to have any hesitation.

Oh and I got the promotion :p

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think the general aus members' style preference is his target market really. Most of his shoes are a bit too flashy for the conservative thoughts that prevail on this thread. I think the D'Marge types will lap it up though.

I feel that way. The sneakers market is saturated enough.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't not hire you based just on your tie (I'm not blahman), but as far as the outfit goes it's a bit shiny and the colour looks, for want of a better term, cheap.

Apologies if it was a gift from H/SWMBO etc.

Here are comments on my own questionable choice of tie for an interview. Surely a lovely HC grenadine (in an excellent colour) should not cause you to have any hesitation.

Oh and I got the promotion :p

Congratulations - I suppose now you can afford a nice new tie.

RKLan

Reaction score
Slightly interested in the way Aus members one is going (sample pic was great) and the aforementioned HC. Though I do not feel I am entitled to call myself one of the club as yet, need to seriously up my snark game. If only there were good examples I could to learn from.

Am trying to save for US trip though so maybe I will wait til bonuses are paid in Dec.

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Do you mean #2? I wasn't under the impression there was a third. That, Angeles and Rose Parade are possibly his three best in my humble opinion.

As for the murder,ES passed twelve years ago from stab wounds to your chest, which are near impossible to inflict upon yourself.

Alas the only waltz number 3 was the pummeling of the blues at the hands of the maroons, as for ES, Waltz No 2 it is.....

Have fun at BNE members meet fellas, I will be 85km away
1f612.png

Completely off topic Little Creatures have released a new Stout for winter! Bam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads