• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

dammit

Reaction score
Quote:
When not wearing suits, I am wearing just normal business shirts and business pants/shoes. No tie..

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When not wearing suits, I am wearing just normal business shirts and business pants/shoes. No tie..

Try flannel pants. I also feel that oxford cloth wears warmer than poplin or twill. Get an overcoat, that CT one didn't look that special. A Barbour would work and keep you dry from the rain. An M65 or a peacoat would also work.

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be thinking cotton suit in your situation. I have a really versatile MJ Bale cotton suit and I've also seen some really nice PJ and Suit Shop options. Cotton suits are versatile in that they can easily be worn as trousers or sports coat without having that orphan look that wool suit separates have.

Nearly two years to the day.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stunned to see this in an op shop today. Will fit me very nicely with the sleeves shortened.

a483e7c5f5729261f22be823c6fd77b3.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchased this last weekend. My 7th briefcase, but this really fits my needs. On sale paid 1.2k.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get an overcoat, that CT one didn't look that special. A Barbour would work and keep you dry from the rain. An M65 or a peacoat would also work.

For overcoats, try Voi in the conservative business dress.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melbournians an exhibiton of the strange, exocit and outright sartorially weird Daviid Bowe Heroes at mossgreen gallery from 17/6-30/7. Seriously thinkinng of one as a house warming gift for our new abode.

Also the Herman Miler Aeron or Mirra views opinions sought.

Last edited:

eightace

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used leather dye to change the colour of their shoes?

If so, what did you use?

How did it go?

whyme?

Reaction score

If getting the Aeron I'd recommend the chrome version. Looks much nicer than the black non-chrome version (though it is a fair bit dearer). I love mine.

also have an aeron, albeit in non-chrome. would definitely opt for chrome if your budget will allow.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used leather dye to change the colour of their shoes?

If so, what did you use?

How did it go?

Have, Feibings, reasonably well. Just make sure to condition/replenish the leather between coats, otherwise the stripping and dying process can be very drying.

Oh, and as with most finishes, many light layers give better results than few heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads