• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

acinod

Reaction score
Loake 1880's fit your budget perfectly.

Robinsons Shoes - 25% off and free shipping over 150GBP, bringing 1880's to $257 shipped. Code is BDAY61.

Use the remaining $43 to buy some shoe trees, a tin of polish and a jar of shoe conditioner lotion - eBay is a good bet and Saphir is a good brand.

This seems perfect but unfortunately the code doesn't work anymore, which means the Loake's aren't in my budget of $200-$300 anymore.

Tossing up between a pair of Black Strands or Dark Brown Buckingham but I think I will go with the Strands since I already have a pair of brown wingtips.

Is Herring the next best place to buy (got a discount code for free trees) and will it ship within 2 weeks?

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't made a purchase in awhile, but of the times I bought from Herring, the shoes came within a week.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of which I was at South Melbourne Market today. Shoe store still there. Spoke to the guy who was running it. Told me Beggar Man went under last year and he took over this store, similar stock, and changed the name. Sounded like he used to work at (or maybe part own?) BMT. They certainly had se of the original artwork up.

Hope that helps.

Your Inner South East Melbourne Suburbs Correspondent signing off.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes ordered from Herring on Friday night will often arrive the next Tuesday.
Why not give your old shoes a spit polish and tell your auntie they are new. Then pocket the $300.

lennier

Reaction score

Hx3NQqE.jpg

Oscar Hunt
John Smedley
Kamakura
Luxire
Filson
Carmina

Nice elevator :)

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice elevator :)

I still prefer these kinds of elevators than those new computer elevators where you choose your floor in the lobby. I don't trust elevators where you cant escape from a fart the very next floor.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nonsense fxh. Haven't you read your Sartre?

'Hell is other peoples' farts.'

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter is a'coming.

Yay!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Journeyman, just saw you little remark about the lack of chocolates around your area. Is Brisbane not the only bloody place in Australia where you can get Amedei and Pralus etc from Monty's?

Last edited:

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surviving Easter.

Special thanks to Gerry, Nabil, TBM and Pink Socks for giving this to me for my birthday a little while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads