• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

boff

Reaction score

Look on eBay, a vintage watch re-seller with a dedicated website, or someone with a good rep on Timezone or similar. 

If buying from eBay, look for perfect feedback, preferably a watch business. 

There are a number of good guides on the net that tell you how to spot the differences between fake and real Seamasters, such as:

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/How-to-Spot-a-Fake-Vintage-Omega-Seamaster-300-/10000000000958528/g.html

With regard to restoring, hopefully any watch that you buy won't need any restoration as it will be good running condition. For a lot of people who buy vintage watches, having "patina" is all part of the charm of a vintage watch. To be frank, I don't really agree as if I'm buying a watch I want it to be in as good condition as possible but I suppose that some patina at least helps to reduce the chance that it's a fake (of particular concern when buying Rolexes). 

Totally agree. I can also recommend getting some advice from the gentlemen on omegaforums.net. Here's a link to the thread where they helped me out with a 1967 Seamaster 565 cal. I paid $285 for it from some guy in Mexico, had it shipped to a guy in New York for a service and have had it serviced once since in Sydney (when I finally had it confirmed face to face that the watch was genuine and not a 'frankenwatch'.

Here's the watch.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On MJ Bale, if there are still any stock left, since DJ no longer a stockist as they now moved to Myer, all MJ Bale suits are deeply discounted and you'll the get nice heavy hangers they have with it too. I actually got my suit early last month for $300 which isn't a bad deal, especially the only thing that needs to be done with MJ Bale for me is to have the pants finished.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
Whatever you do do not head to the MJ Bale facebook page and watch the recently posted runway video. I will struggle to sleep tonight.

The shield-your-eyes-children eight button double breasted jacket makes an appearance THREE TIMES including IN A BLACK PINSTRIPE SUIT.

We are truly living in the endtimes.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do do not head to the MJ Bale facebook page and watch the recently posted runway video. I will struggle to sleep tonight.

The shield-your-eyes-children eight button double breasted jacket makes an appearance THREE TIMES including IN A BLACK PINSTRIPE SUIT.

We are truly living in the endtimes.

haha, if that doesn't convince you this new addition to their collection should

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Admittedly, I have a fair amount of stuff from MJ Bale, but I always think the way they style things in their lookbooks, and some things that make the final cut and are featured in their collections (a la the piece above) continue to baffle me.

lukejackson

Reaction score
It's just opening up a niche for someone to fill the gaps, affordable, relatively decent quality, 'classically' styled menswear. Maybe Australian Members should pool resources and plug the hole.
lookaround.gif

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking through my subscribed threads saw TOJ was still on there, wow. Talk about a fall.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, from MJ Bale's perspective, are they simply supposed to shoot the Mudgee Suit every year, but on a different person?

Malvlie

Reaction score
If you're interested in high-end Japanese selvedge denim, you could try Corlection at 457 Pitt St.

As for boots, you would need to be a bit more specific. What style are you after? Cowboy boots? Motorcycle boots? RM Williams?
i am looking for jeans like eternal and samurai, oiya i saw corlection before they got PBJ, flat head and redwing.
is there any store which stock alden or viberg here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics