• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennier

Reaction score

Any Melbourne Members going to the next Wear for Success event - Beer Tasting next Wednesday I believe ( @lennier ?)

Yep I'll be going. I've been holding off reminding people about it (and people who are already Suitably Connected members will know of course) as the new SC website is about to go live and I'll finally have links I can easily point people to!

It should be a great event, and I'd encourage everyone who is coming to try to bring along one other friend/colleague who they think might be interested in Suitably Connected, as the lifeblood of any networking group is getting more bodies along!

Stay tuned for the website links..

stormin1

Reaction score
Henry bucks now has 25% off Sale prices. I bought a Daks unstructured flannel jacket for 300. There's heaps remaining

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Greats.com $59 sneakers designed by buscemi made in Italy

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Greats.com $59 sneakers designed by buscemi made in Italy

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my fitting with Ascot Chang. Great selection of fabric but it's hard to just sit back and spend a long time going through the books when you're in a hotel room with two people looking over your shoulder . . . so it felt a bit more rushed than I would have preferred.

3 shirts for US$880 including shipping. Think I may place a similar order with B&Tailor to do a comparison test

The experience I had at their IFC outlet wasn't too dissimilar - except there was no sense of rushing (because you weren't confined to a timeslot). There's also a bit more space between you and the fitters in the store, as compared to the confines of a hotel room.

I've gathered - though experiences obviously differ - that they leave you undisturbed while you pick the cloth/pattern unless you explicitly ask for guidance. It is in the fitting where they are more vocal. Very vocal, in fact.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Once a year unless there is a disaster of epic proportions. Or a meetup with Pink Socks and Checky

Surely this assumes an average of your suit being worn once a week, yeah?

So more like for every 50 wears you should get it dry cleaned?

FWIW I've never had any of my suits dry cleaned.

#wearwithoutcare

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can shoes be topy'd (topied?) post wearing them?

I have been happily living life without a topy in the world but the recent discussion over the lack of suitable recrafting in Aus has me concerned. If they can't be topy'd post wear seems plan B will just be to keep increasing the rotation so that its years and years before they wear out.

charliechan

Reaction score

I have been happily living life without a topy in the world but the recent discussion over the lack of suitable recrafting in Aus has me concerned. If they can't be topy'd post wear seems plan B will just be to keep increasing the rotation so that its years and years before they wear out.

Yes, they can, although I guess it depends on how worn out they are currently. The sole does lose some of its flexibility as you can imagine, but it eases up after a few wears

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Most shoe makers will refurb shoes, you just need to send them back and be prepared to wait.

I find that proper care + rotation will ensure many many years before you need to refurb tho
My routine is
- metal toe taps
- wet weather shoes for rainy days
- constant rotation
- shoe trees

I havent needed to repair any shoes in the past 5 years.

There are 12 pairs in my rotation of which 6 get regular wear.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most shoe makers will refurb shoes, you just need to send them back and be prepared to wait.

I find that proper care + rotation will ensure many many years before you need to refurb tho
My routine is
- metal toe taps
- wet weather shoes for rainy days
- constant rotation
- shoe trees

I havent needed to repair any shoes in the past 5 years.

There are 12 pairs in my rotation of which 6 get regular wear.

Thanks for the responses guys, nice to know its an option.

Great to hear how long you are getting out of your romp, pretty much same in terms of care, shoe trees, rotation and number, only thing im missing is metal toe caps which I will start including as a pair of loakes has worn down in the front toe more than anywhere else, hrmm better check myself that im not walking around on my tip toes or something without realising :S

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
yeah its the first part of the shoe that use to wear for me... the toe taps have helps heaps

I was also a chronic heal striker and i just make more of an effort to walk properly now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads