• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hated The Models. Apart from God Bless America, which got decent play on Rock Around the World.

And Local and or General was pretty catchy.

Two Cabs to the Toucan?

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
I'm going on a domestic business trip on the Flying Kangaroo and was wondering what is the best way to transport a suit and sports coat?
Do I need to look out for things like steel shanks in shoes and springs in shoes trees? Many Thanks.

Stiva

Reaction score
Wear the sports coat and have them hang it up or place it carefully folded in the overhead locker. If at pointy end carry suit in thin suit cover and have them hang up.

If not, pack the suit in your case (either carry on or checked) - there are many threads/sites that tell you how best to do so. At destination hang in bathroom while you have shower.

Steel in shoes is a problem if wearing, but not if packed.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Domestic is not like international. Unless your real name is Terry Wrist and you are planning to bring a knife on board you will be right re security. Even then... Steel shanks and shoe trees are no problem in hand luggage. Rarely a problem if you wear the shoes - it's not the US thankfully.

As for suit/sc wear the sc, pack the suit, or just leave the suit behind if you don't really, really need it. If you must bring a suit bring one you can wear the jacket of as a sc. Travel light.

Stiva

Reaction score
I meant a problem with the shoes because you will have to take them off and put them through the X-ray machine. I hate that.

Travel light is right.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
if you are packing your suit, definitely put it in your carry on. you dont want other peoples luggage crushing it in the checked in luggage area.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/1980-08-26.php

F-I-R-E-I-N-C-I-A-R-O, F-I-R-E-I-N-C-I-A-R-O

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I wear an Indian plaid madras shirt to work, along with a brown wool bow tie, navy jacket, brown cotton trousers and tan shoes?

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I spose. Was a bit of a laugh along with Happy Birthday IBM and the like.

Better than the dreck they served up in later years.

She said that I was the only one
She said "My favourite boy"
She said it to me in a nice way
Over and out

Sigh oh misspent youth and the ***** that went with it.

CoffeeDudeGuy

Reaction score
Anyone here using an Aeropress for coffee? No elaborate rituals just good simple quick coffee in the morning?
I can't find any straightforward reviews. A lot from people faffing around and stuff and mostly by Americans. And taking advice from Americans on coffee is akin to asking an AFL player about suits or PoP about real denim suits

I also do what JayH does, prepare the Aeropress upside down so it does not leak everywhere, and then flip it around to press. I can take it everywhere, just need hot water. May try and join the Mile High Aeropress club, just for kicks
laugh.gif

You won't get coffee as intense as an espresso, but definitely stronger than a French press. I use a metal filter so it does not taste too clean (and get all the good coffee oils).

If you want it quicker in the morning, have the coffee pre-grounded. Unless you have an electric grinder. Go with darker roasts, or play with different grind size since the extraction can be on the lighter side. I generally use 15-17g of coffee, and 190-200ml of water (slightly cooled off the boil). If making coffee for two, grind double the beans, make coffee, then top up with more hot water in the cups. I also use it as a tea filter, and some people use it to make cold drips or cocktails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads