• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australian Clothing imports
  1. China $4.297 bn, 72.9%
  2. Bangladesh $ 353m, 6%
  3. India, $131m, 2.2%
  4. Italy $95m, 1.6%
  5. Indonesia $94m. 1.6%

Rest of World $923m, 15.6%

Source: Choice Magazine

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Teggeh, I've been going to Tuan at TT Fashions for about 15 years, so I know him well. He is a good tailor as long as you don't need anything too difficult done, like shortening working button sleeves. Very friendly, his wife too. For more difficult alterations, A.V Europe in Garema place are very good, though almost twice the price of TT. We used them for all alterations when I worked for Herringbone locally a few years ago.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Garry - nice colours.Complimenti.

I hear that green cords are very au courant in Sydney!

It's not easy being green.

Drunk-Kermit.jpg

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To: Ernesto, Gerry N, PoP
To: Ernesto, Gerry N, PoP

Re: Last weekend workshop
Thanks for turning up.

Glad the invoices were all settled ok with the pay office.
Don’t forget to claim on your own tax return. I think I’ve set it up all ok as a training/self education thingo that we can double dip on.

It was timely to have the workshop. I admit that the general standard of puns and wordplay had been slipping and it was good to be energised again to “make the dream happen”. I do find both Tony Robbins and Eckhart Tolle to initially seem over the top but I thought they justified their fees. Anyway I’m pumped and ready to roll..

I tend to agree that Foxy and Oli are not ready for prime time yet with their puns etc but we need to encourage them a bit, just kids, without being too soft or condescending. A difficult balancing act I know but I think we are up to it.

I also agree that we should not make fun of PoPs trousers, after all he is one of us and being from Sydney , its an easy mistake to make. Far preferable that we all pull together and help him through this difficult patch.

So comrades – onwards and upwards – its great to have many years on the shoulder and a great thirst. Compliments to all.

Please don't let this memo become public

Warm Regards

fxh

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the memo, fxh.

I have checked with the ATO and we are good to go. (Apologies for the alliteration, I know we talked about this.)

I am encouraged by progress and look forward to Chris typing up the brainstorm notes from the butchers paper. I'm pretty sure he didn't notice PoP doing a runner with those split toes, but it was touch and go.

Gerry, I believe, is coming to terms with the knowledge that sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice to some citizens in certain parts of the city. Especially when they are sprawled on the footpath in a stupor. Good intentions, but best left to our underpaid, abuse hardened paramedics, eh Gerry?

Yours in vintage compliments etc,

E

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liber - it looks nice (well, what we can see of it, anyway!), but that's a surprisingly wide hem at the bottom of the shirt. Is that's Luxire's default or did you request a wide hem?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

boff

Reaction score

Booked in @OH tomorrow :) Cord jacket come at me.

Props. Lots of cord love happening at the moment. I have a brown Canali suit from B&S being adjusted at the tailors right now. It was a steal, and basically brand new. For added interest it's ex Spoo. Still haven't figured if I'll have the guts to wear it work on casual Fridays. Otherwise good for separates and winter horse racing.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a brown corduroy suit from Brooks Brothers in the cupboard but I must admit that I've never worn it. Perhaps this will be the year!

However, I do have a lot of corduroy trousers in a range of different colours and different wale widths that get a lot of wear during winter.

I've been impressed by the quality of both Charles Tyrwhitt's and Land's End's corduroy trousers, particularly the wider-wale trousers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads