• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Update: Nomad at 730pm. For 8 people.

@sartorial scum you're in. Everyone who had previously chimed in are all in.

Sorry about the little hullabaloo.

730pm Nomad.

SEVEN THIRTY PM
Thanks Nabil, great work putting this together. Looking forward to meeting you as well as everyone else who is coming.

Liber

Reaction score
Free express shipping on at Mr Porter. Time to grab some Sunspel polos. Wasn't overly impressed with my KW polo, don't see what all the hype was about. Maybe I expected too much.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rakuten is incredibly popular in the SWD community, if you;ve got questions I'd really recommend asking them in the 'random fashion thoughts' - Brad-t also wrote an article on harajuju about buying from Japan that's incredibly useful.

If you know what you're after (RJ size x) then it's incredibly useful.

If you're into browsing, grailed is probably better.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re: Rakuten, I've often been tempted, but the language barrier scares me in some descriptions of products.
Japanese pre-owned stuff seems to go very cheaply. I'm not sure if it the same in Japan, but i know from experience that in much of Asia there just isn't a market for second hand goods.
A nice find: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kind-u/item/061311001745/
Very very good condition second hand stuff was amazingly cheap in .jp. I had limited shopping time near Harajuku station but picked up very nice vintage ivy silk ties for $3aud, vintage Brooks soft collar BDs shirts $5 etc

lukejackson

Reaction score
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/asshop2010/

This seller has a lot of cool stuff. Ring Jacket, and a heap of other Japanse brands I haven't heard of. Edifice? Looks really cool.

I don't know much about ring jacket but he has a lot of stuff from (I'm assuming) a 'balloon' line? I'm assuming a cheaper diffusion judging by the prices the seller is asking for. Looks nice though.

Last edited:

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hereby humbly and without reservation apologise to Journeyman for anything he may have ever taken offence at.

MC = Mens Clothing

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Free express shipping on at Mr Porter. Time to grab some Sunspel polos. Wasn't overly impressed with my KW polo, don't see what all the hype was about. Maybe I expected too much.

If you, or anyone else, is interested in a white long sleeved Sunspel polo, I have one in Medium, worn twice, for sale at a good price.

In other news, who else is going to the Kimber popup? I am heading there on Saturday.

http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/85491255583/the-place-to-be

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hereby humbly and without reservation apologise to Journeyman for anything he may have ever taken offence at.
MC = Mens Clothing

Hmmm... I can see the beginnings of a protection racket here - visiting menswear stores and demanding that they hand over their stock of fully-canvassed jackets and Goodyear-welted, calf leather shoes or their stock might "suffer an unfortunate accident".

ryanohare

Reaction score

Liber

Reaction score

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How slim is the fit Pink Socks? And how much?

PM me if you'd prefer. Ta.

I find the fit quite slim but I guess it is all relevant. The Mr Porter site and Sunspel site both have details.

Just like this, only white -
http://www.mrporter.com/product/378635

I can post pictures or more details if anyone is interested or PM me. $75 delivery in Australia.

PS I will not be able to post pictures until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads