• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In regards to weave, how do you actually tell whether a woollen weave is going to be summer appropriate? A lot of the stuff I've looked at doesn't specify.

Also, been looking for a seersucker of decent to good quality for ages. What does anyone think of this? Not actually seersucker, but I quite like it. I'm having trouble deciding what would not look out of place in a tropical country, in a semi-formal/dress environment.

edit: I envisioned an unlined, unstructured seersucker jacket, but this looks pretty alright, however it is fully lined.

The sleeve width and sleeve head look fairly chunky

Patrick has seersucker in his bunches - get it made?

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I want to buy something from Amazon and need a one-off mail forwarding service from the US as this seller won't ship directly to Australia. Anyone able to suggest a minimal-fuss option for a one-off transaction?
shipito? haven't used them myself but they've rave reviews.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shipito? haven't used them myself but they've rave reviews.

I had an account at one stage man. But don't know what I've done with it. And they had this whole verification process. Anyway, I think it's Foxhound to the rescue - he PM'd to lend a helping hand :D

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect he'll call on me later to help mirror shine his shoes as the best dressed nice guy with always (the most) shiny shoes, Mr. G Nelson, is busy taking spectacular photographs of Asian landscapes..

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect he'll call on me later to help mirror shine his shoes as the best dressed nice guy with always (the most) shiny shoes, Mr. G Nelson, is busy taking spectacular photographs of Asian landscapes..

It's kewl, I gotta learn to do it myself.

PS anyone going to the Melbourne Spring Fashion Week "Mr" event tomorrow evening?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys - I want to buy something from Amazon and need a one-off mail forwarding service from the US as this seller won't ship directly to Australia. Anyone able to suggest a minimal-fuss option for a one-off transaction?

Borderlinx, or shipito. Borderlinx is dead simple & are reputable. Shipito has more options.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't bought anything clothing related for nearly 3 months; hell yeah!
Still enjoy the **** out of clothing though; just stepped a bit back from it the last little while :)
How's things in this thread? (Don't catch every post but check pretty regularly)

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
Yeah I checked it out today. I just found the leather a bit stiff, plus it's very large. I also checked out the sportscraft one, which is ok and has a nice soft pebble grain leather, but just feels like it would last only a year. Plus the gold sportscraft lettering is trying a bit hard. I found some nicer ones at Rodd and Gunn, they have this Hungarian dude in NZ making them some really nice bags, with a big price to match ($1.1k). I went everywhere, and I still can't get past the Il Bisonte ones, but I'm not sure I can justify that. The only other one I really liked was the one that required $300 to ship. Sigh.

In other news:
1) I would really recommend to anyone in Sydney to check out the new Hunt Leather store in the Strand, it's pretty fantastic.
2) I bought a pair of sunnies from the Oscar Wylee showroom on Sussex St. So far very impressed and would recommend to anyone.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used Shipito last week and was happy with the service. Quick postage and pretty cheap fees. You don't have to bother with all the account verification stuff unless you are using it a lot, I didn't do any other than PayPal some money in to pay for the fees.

jmills

Reaction score
Ok. So, what if you can get them for 70 bucks from DM and what if the ones u get your folks to buy in the UK don't fit well. Still confused but I guess to each his own.

I might be quite late to this conversation, but I remember Chris saying they were getting in some cheaper ones as well.

acinod

Reaction score
All these leather weekender bags are getting me hyped about my trip. If I'm spending a month in the US for winter, will a weekender fit everything I need? Only thing I'm worried about is buying too much and not being able to bring it all back...

jas0nt

Reaction score
I have one of those Herring weekender bags for $180. Seems like pretty good quality leather except the inside has a very strong and weird smell.

kayhill

Reaction score
2) I bought a pair of sunnies from the Oscar Wylee showroom on Sussex St. So far very impressed and would recommend to anyone.

Is that what that place is? I live right next to that place and I've been wondering what all those renovations have been about.

Will check it out on my way home from work.

g-banger

Reaction score
Came to work this morning and had a box waiting for me Skoaktiebolage.

So beautiful, now i understand the fuss about Carmina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads