• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheap but good range of buttons in Melbourne? Thinking button mania after a brief google search; any recommendations?
P.S.
Nice Carmina's in the window : )

g-banger

Reaction score
Sydney peeps - has anyone heard or tried Argry's tailoring $ alterations in chiefly plaza? i have some jeans that are stretching out the bottom which i want to taper in and some wool trousers to that are needing some slimming down.

I was going to give Aady's in wynyard a go, as i use them all the time for quick alterations but im not sure if they will be able to help me out with the jeans.

Thanks!

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the jeans, I would get in touch with a guy named Mikhail Zenon. I don't know about other alterations places in Sydney as I live in Melbourne.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you have proof of which stores use Hayel? Yes, he likes to brag about Harrolds, etc.. but half the tailors in Sydney like to claim they handle the alterations for Harrolds... Also, I should just add I have actually had very little experience with Hayel himself, all my alterations have been handled by his son. Anyway, I saw something last week that will ensure I shall not return and I am on the look out for another tailor.Apparently mastertailor.com.au is the rocks pop-up store for Casa Adamo out in Leichardt so I will check him out and see if he can correct some of the mistakes made @ Hayel.
It's Adamo's son's op. http://www.sydneycool.com.au/2011/10/son-of-a-master-tailor/ Shirts are made by a well-known Sydney artisan, whose shop is somewhere out west :D.
Next you'll be telling us Tetsuyas does tightarse Tuesdays.
One for the suggestion box.
LOL! Give us your input then? What's with the ******* muppets here these days?
Oi JP, chill a little eh? Remember, I've met you IRL and you're a good, well-mannered young lad, not the I'net tough-guy 'gangsta' you seem to enjoy projecting around here.

Last edited:

g-banger

Reaction score

For the jeans, I would get in touch with a guy named Mikhail Zenon. I don't know about other alterations places in Sydney as I live in Melbourne.

legend - thanks for that mate.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cheap but good range of buttons in Melbourne? Thinking button mania after a brief google search; any recommendations?
P.S.
Nice Carmina's in the window : )
what type of buttons are you after?

We use prestige buttons MOP on our lapel flowers - we find they are the best, I like them better than Gritti MOP

strumpey

Reaction score

Sydney peeps - has anyone heard or tried Argry's tailoring $ alterations in chiefly plaza?

MJ Bale in Chifley use them, so they should be able to do it fine. I have not had experience with them personally though.

JRolley

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to let anyone in Brisbane know Richards & Richards have a Sale up to 80% off in case anyone is interested. There is Borrelli & Isaia shirts down to $125. I might go in sometime this week and have a look around

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what type of buttons are you after?

We use prestige buttons MOP on our lapel flowers - we find they are the best, I like them better than Gritti MOP
Was particularly after large round MOP and a brownish horn; but would just like to have a look if there's a place with a huge selection I can just roam around in.
P.S.
Anyone watch Hoopdreams last night? Forgot how good it is!

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oi JP, chill a little eh?

Remember, I've met you IRL and you're a good, well-mannered young lad, not the I'net tough-guy 'gangsta' you seem to enjoy projecting around here.

Chilled now.. I just don't see the point in 'established' members giving others stick when they're trying to make a suggestion..

Anyway, moments passed. It just highlights the reason why so many of the old guys left this thread/forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads