• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

That awkward sartorial moment where you sleep at your girlfriend's house and forget your cuff-links....

Perhaps it's time to retire the French Cuff...

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
Fellas, in your experience, can the shoulders of a jacket be let out (widened?). I found a decent navy linen jacket at Goodwill yesterday however as my delts are getting bigger, they make the shoulders look too small. Also, I think it's from the 80s as it has a super low button point which kind of looks odd :s

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noel Coward's brown tux...

Courtesy ASW

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2012/03/it-was-brown.html

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

French cuffs have an elegance and beauty about them that the utilitarian barrel cuff will never possess.
(But only if they're done up)

Lachyzee if only you used the sound grab of Dandy by The Kinks in your last post, you would have surely hit me for six!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Fellas, in your experience, can the shoulders of a jacket be let out (widened?). I found a decent navy linen jacket at Goodwill yesterday however as my delts are getting bigger, they make the shoulders look too small. Also, I think it's from the 80s as it has a super low button point which kind of looks odd :s
Shoulders are hard. is it marginal at the width? You can let some out through the centre of the jacket... it would change the drape and neck though

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

xiaoli

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a decent self tied bowtie in Sydney?

Need a basic black one for wedding purpose. Might as well buy a good one that can last for a while.

Last edited:

lennier

Reaction score

Any recommendations for a decent self tied bowtie in Sydney?
Need a basic black one for wedding purpose. Might as well buy a good one that can last for a while.

Probably worth seeing if the new Lewin store in King St carries any of their range, they should be decent for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads