• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks guys. As we are getting a lot of opinions on what we should have I'm sorry but I will only be taking feedback and suggestions from those who have PM'd me to say they are interested.
I do like the wattle idea though and in particular this one -

With embroidery the pattern has to be reasonably simple to get a good result. The more detail that is in the logo the worse it will come out.
I mentioned before re grenadines, but if we go that route the logo must be on the tipping (where I mocked them up before) as you can't embroid straight on to grenadine, which rules the back blade out.
Re club tie, hard to do as a custom woven design puts the minimum up to 40, which we just wont reach.
I wont be able to do anymore mock ups until tomorrow because I'm just flat out today but that doesn't mean we can still narrow things down a little more.
I'll see if I can get my supplier to send me some photos of a few fabrics I have in mind though so we dont have to wait for swatches to arrive.
Ta
Jason

Like the wattle too. Appreciate the information and time.

Last edited:

limousine

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Herringbone's knitwear? I'm interested in the cardigans but not sure about their quality and it would be great to gather others' experiences with their wares

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thom Browne at Harrolds hurt my bank account :(

Can anyone is Melbourne comment on the Purple Label stocks offered at the Ralph Lauren flagship store?

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thom Browne at Harrolds hurt my bank account :(
Can anyone is Melbourne comment on the Purple Label stocks offered at the Ralph Lauren flagship store?

There's a range of PL on the right just as you enter. Smallish collection of stuff from memory, some blazers, overcoats a knitwear. Near the men's suits there were some PL shirts.

I didn't know it was PL kit until I picked up the perfect sports coat only to discover the $2000 (sale) price tag.

This was at sale time, so it might have changed.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know I actually have Fatso the Fatarse Wombat as inspiration when I was making suggestion on the tie. :laugh:

What I think is that it should be quite unique and distinct from what's available for the masses and reflective of SF AU members attitudes compared to the rest of the forum: sartorially interested, but not taking ourselves too seriously at the same time.

So that's why I was thinking about a majestically imposing Beau Brummel Wombat.

I will PM Jason to lodge my interest.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone comment on Herringbone's knitwear? I'm interested in the cardigans but not sure about their quality and it would be great to gather others' experiences with their wares

They're good. I don't know what the quality is like this season, but I have lots of their knitwear and all of it is good. There was a season where the production run fit large (i.e. an M more like an L, for example), but it no way affected the integrity of the garment.

It's a lot more affordable now than it used to be, as well. I think the merino knits are only $149 now and they're likely to go on sale, much like the rest of Australia.

Full disclosure: I used to work for Herringbone for years.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking having the SF AU emblem positioned at the bottom of the front blade like in the BB ties?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep yep -- what about a little wattle emblem? The bright yella would look good on say a navy background. Ok forum graphic designers, get to work on that pls.

This reminds me of the time back in the early 70s (I think) when there was a push for Australian diplomats to wear a "national dress" to assemblies such as the UN, in response to the adoption of national dress by Commonwealth representatives at around the time of, and shortly after, decolonisation.

But rather than a Boubou or similar, the Australian version was comprised of a Benaud-esque flared safari suit replete with wattle sprig in the lapel.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forest green, with emblem embroidered in gold, no?

Have you been reading my PM I sent to Jason? Because I mentioned exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads