• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was news to me too -- I heard it's fairly difficult to do, though.

Love Viz, though I'm more of a Roger Mellie man myself :)
On another note: does anyone else find it incredible that MC and SW&D exist side-by-side in a state of harmony, more or less? Every time I go on there (inadvertently, usually) I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I do know that the proper response is either one or the other.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about, and a relatively restrained one: http://www.styleforum.net/t/280641/...looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread#post_5070993
I know this has probably been commented on many, many times in the past, but I'm a comparatively new member, and the gulf in aesthetics between the two sub-forums just seems to be SO massive...

Why can't they coexist? I certainly don't wear the whole faggotry of suit tie and pocket square on the weekends. I go jeans sneakers and funny graphics tees on weekends all the time. Just won't spend more than 20 bucks on a tee shirt unlike sw&d.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EMS is an international postal Express Mail Service, for documents and merchandise, offered by postal operators of the Universal Postal Union (UPU).

The UPU is an inter-governmental organization and the primary forum for cooperation between governments, Posts and other stakeholders of the worldwide postal sector. It works to maintain the universal network, establish the rules for international mail exchanges among its 191 members and improves the quality of service for customers.

The EMS Cooperative was created in 1998 within the framework of the UPU. Its main objective is to promote cooperation between members to allow them to provide customers with a high quality, competitive EMS service worldwide.

For answers to general EMS queries, EMS customers should use the customer section to find the appropriate EMS Customer Service Department contact.
http://www.ems.coop/

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I say I am definitely Sid the Sexist. :laugh:

Naka

Reaction score

On another note: does anyone else find it incredible that MC and SW&D exist side-by-side in a state of harmony, more or less? Every time I go on there (inadvertently, usually) I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I do know that the proper response is either one or the other.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, and a relatively restrained one: http://www.styleforum.net/t/280641/...looser-fit-yohji-yamamoto-thread#post_5070993

I know this has probably been commented on many, many times in the past, but I'm a comparatively new member, and the gulf in aesthetics between the two sub-forums just seems to be SO massive...

I think it's really more of a difference in perspective. I find that alot of SW&D, especially the high-fashion side, must be viewed from a design aspect, much like women's fashion. You can't really pidgeonhole SW&D like you can MC. The spectrum of different clothing and outfits in SW&D really dwarfs the range in MC; there is no uniform like a coat, pant and tie. In my opinion SW&D does casual much better than MC. Have you seen the abortion that is the MC Casual thread? I'm a little biased considering I'm 19, but I don't see why the two can't coexist.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why can't they coexist? I certainly don't wear the whole faggotry of suit tie and pocket square on the weekends. I go jeans sneakers and funny graphics tees on weekends all the time. Just won't spend more than 20 bucks on a tee shirt unlike sw&d.

If SW&D was all about jeans and sneakers I'd agree (though if it was, why would you need a forum?), but every time I go on there people look like aliens or marsupialed lumberjacks. It's fkin cringeworthy.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MC Casual certainly is awful. Yet the circle jerking is just as vigorous.

tone76

Reaction score

I'll see your Roger Mellie and raise you a Johnny Fartpants.

As for SW&D ... yikes. That is all.

Last edited:

Axel Ferguson

Reaction score

MC Casual certainly is awful. Yet the circle jerking is just as vigorous.

MC casual gets it right sometimes and then Liam posts. At least that is the pattern I'm seeing from flipping through the last 10 pages of that thread.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MC casual gets it right sometimes and then Liam posts. At least that is the pattern I'm seeing from flipping through the last 10 pages of that thread.

"MC Casual" sounds like a guy who would front an Aussie Hip Hop collective.

Deapht

Reaction score
Love Viz, though I'm more of a Roger Mellie man myself
smile.gif

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I saw one of you bros in the city earlier this week. 

Khaki pants, light blue dress shirt, navy sports jacket, brown shoes with a green tie

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

If the person in question was carrying a little bit too much weight, with a beard and glasses, it was me.

Brooks Brothers jacket, Uniqlo oxford-cloth button-down collar shirt, Panta forest-green grenadine tie, chino pants and vintage Florsheim longwings.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow didnt know Harry Morgan died last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads