• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

[VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

Classic soundtrack, listened to it yesterday... Stand out tracks: lust for life, atomic, born slippy, that lil truck by Jarvis Cocker, nightclubbing, perfect day. What a lineup!

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
When I was younger, I would agree with you, Fxh. But time and age has made me realise that decriminalising most, possibly all, drug taking, wouldn't be a good thing.

Do you want people coming back from their lunch break high on cocaine?
Do you really think people don't do things because it's illegal? Conversely do you really think people do do things because it's legal? Smoking is legal, do you smoke? Drinking is legal, do you regularly come back to the office pissed? Are your coworkers ok with it because it's legal? Do you never jaywalk because it's illegal?

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking is legal, do you regularly come back to the office pissed?

You can go out at lunch, have a beer or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You should try it sometime, you know, be sociable, get some friends.

You can't go out at lunch, have a line or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You shouldn't do that to try and prove your point
cool.gif

EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either!
crazy.gif

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Do you really think people don't do things because it's illegal? Conversely do you really think people do do things because it's legal? Smoking is legal, do you smoke? Drinking is legal, do you regularly come back to the office pissed? Are your coworkers ok with it because it's legal? Do you never jaywalk because it's illegal?

Exactly it's like why do you disagree with Jimmy, is it because it's completely convoluted or just because he peeks into your apartment everynight. Lurking. WAtching. Preying.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly it's like why do you disagree with Jimmy.

Why do you disagree with me!? Trolls
censored.gif
! This **** is banned for very good reasons
tinfoil.gif
!

Last time, I argued for them to not be banned. I got hounded. This time I argue for them to be banned. I get hounded. It's like I am always right, but for the wrong reasons.
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either!
crazy.gif

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, jaywalking is actually legal (at least in Qld) in certain circumstances.

As long as you're 20m away from a set of traffic lights or a pedestrian crossing, then it's fine to cross as long as you're not in imminent danger of being run down.

teacha.gif

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDIT: As for jay walking.....who cares whether I do it or not, I wouldn't want that to be made legal either! :crazy:

At the risk of sounding like a pedant, jaywalking is actually legal (at least in Qld) in certain circumstances.

As long as you're 20m away from a set of traffic lights or a pedestrian crossing, then it's fine to cross as long as you're not in imminent danger of being run down.

:teach:

At the risk of sounding even more like a pedant, what you're describing JM is actually the offence of "walk against signal" not "jaywalking", which is an Americanism and not mentioned anywhere in the Australian Road Rules. But as you rightly point out walking across a road 20m away from a pedestrian signal is... well, just walking across the road, and not jaywalking either.

Cheers,
PoP, QC.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
You can go out at lunch, have a beer or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You should try it sometime, you know, be sociable, get some friends.

You can't go out at lunch, have a line or two, and come back and function as you would normally. You shouldn't do that to try and prove your point
cool.gif

crazy.gif
I am too high to reply to this ****.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding even more like a pedant, what you're describing JM is actually the offence of "walk against signal" not "jaywalking", which is an Americanism and not mentioned anywhere in the Australian Road Rules. But as you rightly point out walking across a road 20m away from a pedestrian signal is... well, just walking across the road, and not jaywalking either.

Cheers,
PoP, QC.

I bow to the expertise of my learned colleague and respectfully adopt my learned colleague's reasons for decision.

I was going to point out that "jaywalking" is an Americanism but I didn't want to appear to be too pedantic!

Anyway, if we continue to discuss this any further, I might start to cite the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 (Qld) and I'm sure that no-one wants that to happen.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cheers,

PoP, QC.

I bow to the expertise of my learned colleague and respectfully adopt my learned colleague's reasons for decision.

Phew! Because this was going to be my closing argument:

anigif_enhanced-32068-1390980461-13.gif

*Jimmy and others who may be in need of my services, please mention SF to get a 10% discount on my retainer.

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not ashamed to admit I have looked at the regulations in relation into crossing the road in the past.

This was primarily motivated by the fact that I have a problem with authority so wanted to be well briefed if I ever got spoken to by plod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members