• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All bullshit aside - swan - I'd be genuinely interested to see some shots of what you wear these with and in what context.

This thread tends to lean heavily toward "tailored" clothing - even for casual - and a bit of different streetwear and discussion (I do sincerely hope they aren't paired with a suit for work) wouldn't go astray.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently in HK, feels like an oversexed man in a harem.

Shoes and shoes and shoes.

There are 2 Berluti shops, and a third will be opening soon at the Elements. Luckily for my wallet, none of the Berluti last fits me perfectly, so I am spared HK$18k (AUD$2200) for each pair. Problem is the leather briefcases are exquisite and costs over AUD$3500 each.

Tassels has very low selection of Bontonis after running their sale early. Even at full price, I am beginning to find that the Bontonis are really quite good value for money. Each pair about AUD$900. Believe you me, they are exquisite. Wallace at Tassels was good enough to walk me through their special Edward Green (build specially for Tassels). The 206 and 888 lasts fits perfectly.

Ethan at the Armoury is his great usual self. Naka was not around. Alas, whilst Carmina Simpson last is beautiful, it is too narrow for me. Thankfully, the Rain last fits me perfectly.

I managed to snag a pair of John Lobb Paul Smith collab oxfords in dark purple museum calf. Again, luckily for my wallet, none of the other John Lobb's lasts fits me well. Over here, the JL misty calf oxford will set you back HK$14000 (AUD$1750).

Lots of A. Testoni shops around. Really overpriced for the shoe quality on offer. Also saw some Corthays (unbelievably beautiful), and some JM Weston ( a bit unexciting after all the earlier excitement above).

Will head to Bangkok next, then on to Paris.

Last edited:

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gents, wishing you all a very Happy New Year. see you all on the other side.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently in HK, feels like an oversexed man in a harem.

Shoes and shoes and shoes.

There are 2 Berluti shops, and a third will be opening soon at the Elements. Luckily for my wallet, none of the Berluti last fits me perfectly, so I am spared HK$18k (AUD$2200) for each pair. Problem is the leather briefcases are exquisite and costs over AUD$3500 each.

Tassels has very low selection of Bontonis after running their sale early. Even at full price, I am beginning to find that the Bontonis are really quite good value for money. Each pair about AUD$900. Believe you me, they are exquisite. Wallace at Tassels was good enough to walk me through their special Edward Green (build specially for Tassels). The 206 and 888 lasts fits perfectly.

Ethan at the Armoury is his great usual self. Naka was not around. Alas, whilst Carmina Simpson last is beautiful, it is too narrow for me. Thankfully, the Rain last fits me perfectly.

I managed to snag a pair of John Lobb Paul Smith collab oxfords in dark purple museum calf. Again, luckily for my wallet, none of the other John Lobb's lasts fits me well. Over here, the JL misty calf oxford will set you back HK$14000 (AUD$1750).

Lots of A. Testoni shops around. Really overpriced for the shoe quality on offer. Also saw some Corthays (unbelievably beautiful), and some JM Weston ( a bit unexciting after all the earlier excitement above).

Will head to Bangkok next, then on to Paris.
Wow can't wait to see you back...especially in the JLPxPaulSmith; do post a picture! Their such an FU shoe; might I ask if their suede or calf?
Happy New Year!!!! Just took the kid's to the 9PM fworks; nearly back home!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year all! Fireworks in Melbourne this year looked pretty non-eventful compared to last year!

I had a look at American Tailors and MJ Bale today - some good stuff, especially the shoes in American Tailors! If you can spring for a pair and they have your size, now's the time.

iSurg

Reaction score
Happy New Year, gents. SBS has some pretty far out Kpop/Jpop music vids right now. My mind is officially blown...

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What last?

Honestly don't know maybe the Philadelphia. They are 10EE which suggests an easy fit when I am 10F/10.5E but I think a 9.5F would like them better. PM me and I'll send some pics

iSurg

Reaction score
I sat mesmerised like a stunned lemming for a good hour... Good to hear I wasn't the only one lol

swan

Reaction score
All bullshit aside - swan - I'd be genuinely interested to see some shots of what you wear these with and in what context.
This thread tends to lean heavily toward "tailored" clothing - even for casual - and a bit of different streetwear and discussion (I do sincerely hope they aren't paired with a suit for work) wouldn't go astray.
haha, im living in toronto at the moment and friday in my office is casual day, i will photograph them with what i wear them with and let you know the reaction from the workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members