• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long sleeved. Thinking of ordering shortly.

Very nice and perfect for the spring and autumn weather. I've got a cream-coloured one made by Ken Barrell and it's not bad. I was wearing it today and it's perfect for the weather. I do want to get a navy or grey one at some point and the Kent Wang long sleeve polos look tempting as do those by Sunspel.

Looking forward to hearing your comments when you get it.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys I'm looking at getting another pair of 501s. I already have an indigo pair which goes with everything but I need another and I'm not sure between a stonewash and black. I want them to wear with navy/grey blazers for wine tasting, lunches dates etc but they also need to look good worn out to a bar or nightclub with a light blue or light grey button up.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys I'm looking at getting another pair of 501s. I already have an indigo pair which goes with everything but I need another and I'm not sure between a stonewash and black. I want them to wear with navy/grey blazers for wine tasting, lunches dates etc but they also need to look good worn out to a bar or nightclub with a light blue or light grey button up. 

I wouldn't buy jeans in any colour but indigo. Why don't you pick up some chinos instead?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree - I love stonewash and want some for summer. Indigo denim is almost like a uniform these days, and pretty heavy for summer. I wish these came in a less hipster fit.
http://www.oki-ni.com/legwear/a-p-c-men-s-slim-new-standard-jean-apc1404ind.html

I love a good pair of indigo and they are great for most occasions (new ones for smarter occasions, those well worn ones for the more relaxed occasions), however agree that indigo can be a little too heavy for hot summer and a bit uniform.

I quite like these -

http://shop.baldwindenim.com/product/the-henley-california

http://shop.baldwindenim.com/product/the-reed-california

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah while selvedge denim is all the rage I sometimes just like a pair of lighter weight "wash" denim for warmer months. Seledge is typically thick and too hot to wear through summer

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah while selvedge denim is all the rage I sometimes just like a pair of lighter weight "wash" denim for warmer months. Seledge is typically thick and too hot to wear through summer

Selvedge has absolutely nothing to do with the wash or treatment of the denim. You can easily have lighter weight washed denim that has a selvedge outseam.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a slightly more faded denim, you could have a look at Uniqlo.

Unfortunately, they don't have any stores in Australia (yet), and you have to use a proxy as they don't ship internationally, but their jeans are outstanding.

I've got several pairs of their standard line (which are made in Bangladesh or Pakistan using Japanese denim, from memory) and a couple of pairs of their made-in-Japan selvedge denim line and both are excellent. The standard line cost $40 or so and the made-in-Japan line cost $80 or $90 (plus shipping and proxy costs if you don't happen to be travelling to a country with a Uniqlo store).

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Selvedge has absolutely nothing to do with the wash or treatment of the denim. You can easily have lighter weight washed denim that has a selvedge outseam.
OK term used broadly... yes i know its the way its weaved with the edging but all the "good" denim brands seem to use heavy weight stuff

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had this query a while back - I am having real difficulty finding light stonewash denim (pref. selvedge) in a slim/straight cut below the knee but with a large thigh/seat. I am considering buying those APCs I posted above in a 36, hoping for the best and trying to get the waist altered.

g-banger

Reaction score

OK term used broadly... yes i know its the way its weaved with the edging but all the "good" denim brands seem to use heavy weight stuff

i failed yesterday and wore my Somet 13.8oz denim jeans, was not fun at all.

Id go with Nudie jeans for summer as there styles are not as heavy.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had this query a while back - I am having real difficulty finding light stonewash denim (pref. selvedge) in a slim/straight cut below the knee but with a large thigh/seat. I am considering buying those APCs I posted above in a 36, hoping for the best and trying to get the waist altered.

APCs tend not to use a selvedge outseam on their washed denim. I would look at Baldwin Denim as pink socks posted if you'd like a selvedge jean that has been pre-washed. They name theirs the "California Wash".

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More importantly, I would NOT alter the waist on APC jeans (or most jeans for that matter). APCs use double-felled lapped seams, including in the seat and altering this will likely lead to disastrous results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members