• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spy pics of new Melbourne shoe shop. Looks really nice inside--dark wood panelling etc. Lots of Lobb, C&J and Quoddy (?) boxes.

streetminimal

Reaction score

For those who are available, a few of us Melbourne members have been kicking around the idea of catching up next Thursday the 29th after work for a couple of pre-Christmas drinks. So far on the confirmed list we have:
  • appolyon
  • Gerry Nelson
  • California Dreamer
  • aKula
  • myself
With FXH down as a tentative.
If your a Melbourne based member, or will be in Melbourne next Thursday night with a free slot in your calendar, you're more then welcome to join us for a night that will certainly begin with fine gentlemanly conversations on the topic menswear, and most likely end up with unnamed members unsuccessfully working the room for a pick-up (what happens at SF Melbourne meet-ups, stays on SF Melbourne meet-ups!).
A venue hasn't been decided yet, but if all else fails I'm sure that the default Melbourne SF meet-up venue, The Aylesbury, will suffice (FXH is amendment that appolyon once picked up there, hence why we keep returning!). Please shout out if you have any other venue suggestions or preferences.
Either reply to this post of PM one of us if you're keen.

Deffers interested, PM deets?

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those who are available, a few of us Melbourne members have been kicking around the idea of catching up next Thursday the 29th after work for a couple of pre-Christmas drinks. So far on the confirmed list we have:
  • appolyon
  • Gerry Nelson
  • California Dreamer
  • aKula
  • myself
With FXH down as a tentative.
If your a Melbourne based member, or will be in Melbourne next Thursday night with a free slot in your calendar, you're more then welcome to join us for a night that will certainly begin with fine gentlemanly conversations on the topic menswear, and most likely end up with unnamed members unsuccessfully working the room for a pick-up (what happens at SF Melbourne meet-ups, stays on SF Melbourne meet-ups!).
A venue hasn't been decided yet, but if all else fails I'm sure that the default Melbourne SF meet-up venue, The Aylesbury, will suffice (FXH is amendment that appolyon once picked up there, hence why we keep returning!). Please shout out if you have any other venue suggestions or preferences.
Either reply to this post of PM one of us if you're keen.

I'll stop by for for sure. Looking forward to it.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Romp, how did you go sizing wise on your supergas?

True to size. Im generally a eur43 in most shoes and was the case in superga .. Bought from superga.com.au. Cheaper than hb, more colours and fast shipping

Gilmour

Reaction score
I got some Hartford shirts off Mr. Porter.

I might need to get more than 1 or 2.

Definitely interested in other suggestions for where to get good linen from though!
Thanks for info
Just make sure you triple check measurements
I have local bought tailor made shirt I will take the measurements from that one.
Excellent choice. Good luck with them.
Cheers all I have to do now is go through the site looking for a nice summer weight friendly fabric.

Is there a preferred color that complements a person with fair skin and grey hair
puzzled.gif

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spy pics of new Melbourne shoe shop. Looks really nice inside--dark wood panelling etc. Lots of Lobb, C&J and Quoddy (?) boxes.

True to size. Im generally a eur43 in most shoes and was the case in superga .. Bought from superga.com.au. Cheaper than hb, more colours and fast shipping
Heallll yeah so stopping by when it opens (Dec 4th right?). Thanks Rob but no size 40 in white T_T

laphroaig

Reaction score

I like the shoes, mostly for the leather quality in comparison to other makers in the price bracket (150-200 AUD), but there are finishing issues and there seems to have been a batch made where the soles split at the edge, not come apart mind you, just split, which seemed to worry a lot of people. 

Just posting to add another confirmation. The edge of the welt on my left shoe just separated from the sole. The other shoe is starting to show a line and will eventually do the same. Seems like the glue doesn't keep the leather together so you end up with a cosmetic defect. This is on their standard model. The Linea Mastro's haven't shown the same yet.

They look like very decent shoes but the price difference shows up in the small details, like trim of the lining is quite rough (similar to RM quality). The one that bugs me, and it's the only thing that bugs me about the shoe, is the vertical back outside seam. They use a stupid strip of leather to cover the seam, even on the Linea Maestro shoes. I don't know why it bugs me so much but it does.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just posting to add another confirmation. The edge of the welt on my left shoe just separated from the sole. The other shoe is starting to show a line and will eventually do the same. Seems like the glue doesn't keep the leather together so you end up with a cosmetic defect. This is on their standard model. The Linea Mastro's haven't shown the same yet.
They look like very decent shoes but the price difference shows up in the small details, like trim of the lining is quite rough (similar to RM quality). The one that bugs me, and it's the only thing that bugs me about the shoe, is the vertical back outside seam. They use a stupid strip of leather to cover the seam, even on the Linea Maestro shoes. I don't know why it bugs me so much but it does.
mine creased and squeak as i walk (although getting less obvious with more wear)

good for the price but id rather pay twice as much for a decent pair than im satisfied with

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a preferred color that complements a person with fair skin and grey hair :puzzled:

White, various shades of blue, pink, yellow as a silver fox myself its not an issue.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a preferred color that complements a person with fair skin and grey hair :puzzled:

White, various shades of blue, pink, yellow as a silver fox myself its not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members