• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on long sleeved polos in Sydney conservative business dress business casual office (Enterprise Software). Looks good on the internet, but not sure if its a bit dandyish for Australia. Something like this:

If this is really a problem I'd say we're all fucked :D

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely not with a button down collar.:uhoh:

And after two days in the sun and wind the miasmic odour has departed my jacket.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Wear them all the time. Great choice.
Thoughts on long sleeved polos in Sydney conservative business dress business casual office (Enterprise Software). Looks good on the internet, but not sure if its a bit dandyish for Australia. Something like this:

ea

Terminator

Reaction score
I’m currently living in Switzerland but when I go back to Australia and work from our Brisbane office, this is what I wear. Nobody has looked at me too funny. I have an Eidos Lupo and a Luxire which is essentially copied from a Luca Avitable...

hschrapel

Reaction score

I fell in love with these last winter but only if they had a shirt-button sleeve (don't know if that's how you accurately refer to it). I purchased 1 on sale from Spier & Mackay for $20USD and after receiving it, purchased the other 5 in different colours for a final sale price of $16USD each.

These were without a button down, and had a long(ish) collar so they sat underneath a sports coat quite nicely. This coming A/W release, I'm expecting them to drop a whole new bunch WITH a button down collar, as their Styleforum thread has been begging for it.

On a side note, if you haven't check out their stuff yet, you're missing out. Currently living in Sweden, so have avoided purchasing as much as possible to avoid that ridiculous import tax, but what I have previously purchased and had sent to me in Australia has been fantastic. Can't recommend them enough.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, if you haven't check out their stuff yet, you're missing out. Currently living in Sweden, so have avoided purchasing as much as possible to avoid that ridiculous import tax, but what I have previously purchased and had sent to me in Australia has been fantastic. Can't recommend them enough.

Are the shipping costs to aus reasonable?

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents where are we getting out dressier chinos from these days? I have been a big fan of Howard Yount in the past, but they seem to have ominously run down their stock. Not sure if perhaps they are wrapping up? I also have a couple of pairs from Charles Tyrwhitt, which I like--though they are verging on not dressy enough for my Mon-Thurs rotation--but they only seem to be doing stretch fabrics now.

I'm looking for: 1) Not ludicrously expensive (sub-AU$200 for sure); 2) 100% cotton; 3) Not too tapered.

Ideas?

chatelet

Reaction score
Wait I just found Spier & Mackay. IS THIS THE ANSWER? :D
Have a go, but probably not. Stock is notoriously low and the ‘lightweight chinos’ are very sloppy. Don’t buy slim fit unless your legs are matchsticks. The one advantage is they are not too tapered. All that said - I’m still trying to find my go-to chino.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a go, but probably not. Stock is notoriously low and the ‘lightweight chinos’ are very sloppy. Don’t buy slim fit unless your legs are matchsticks. The one advantage is they are not too tapered. All that said - I’m still trying to find my go-to chino.

Hmm what do you mean by 'sloppy'?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads