• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^would really like to know how you went with the waxing...i am dreading this upcoming task....

I'm not Article26, but it's not hard. Sponge down the jacket with a damp cloth, let it dry while you put the tin of wax in a pot of warm water so the water comes about halfway up the tin, then get another (dry) sponge, lay the jacket out on an outdoor table, dip the sponge and give the jacket a good going over, paying particular attention to seams, pocket edges etc.

Some people then dry the wax with a hair dryer, but I just leave the jacket on an outside chair in the fresh air and sunshine.

Your hands will smell of the wax for some time afterwards, unless you wear rubber gloves. I don't mind the smell, personally, but some might.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the replies. Looks like I can only get the Barbour wax from Henry Bucks, apart from ordering overseas. Just wondering whether any other product would suffice?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thanks for the replies. Looks like I can only get the Barbour wax from Henry Bucks, apart from ordering overseas. Just wondering whether any other product would suffice?
I've never done a Barbour - and never will - but I have done Driza Bone coats plenty of times years ago. I don't imagine that Barbour is any different to Driza Bone. You can get about 500g can of Driza Reproofing for around $20.

The reason to use a hair dryer is to heat up the jacket/material to enable/assist the wax to sink in a bit. You can use a hair dryer to heat up the material as you go and after you wax it.

conqueror

Reaction score
i've had my barbour (ashby) for two years now and it's probably my most worn garment. unfortunately i must have leaned against wet paint or something during a recent business trip as there is now this massive stain on one arm, but i still love it.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of brand new, never worn, MTO Epaulet Taylor Fit trousers/pants in Light Mushroom English Drill (aka Walnut). The fabric was very popular and sold out.

Trousers are made by Hertling, and one of the finest you can have made in the USA. Very versatile colour and perfect for their Taylor fit imo.

Size 32", Taylor Fit (High Waist, Single Pleat with a Tapered Leg). Standard enclosure and customized with side-adjusters, thus no belt loops.

Pics and info on their trousers: https://epauletnewyork.com/collecti...018-cotton-linen-blends?variant=2437965119497

I'll take photos later in the week if anyone is interested. The fabric can be seen at the 1:22min mark in this video (). Cost me $310 AUD landed, happy to sell to Australian forum members for $250 AUD delivered. A new MTO pair would set you back $415 AUD at the moment.

Selling to fund a pair in their Gable style in REDA Hopsack fabric.

Example of the Taylor Trouser
Taylor_Trouser_Text_646bdd58-685b-4b00-af71-125d09a6cd30_600x.jpg

Are you not willing to sell these to me?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My half-price EG Monmouths from Ownly.shop were delivered earlier this week; I picked them up yesterday. Perfect fit, magnificent shoes. Will post photos soon. They're just so beautiful that I hardly dare wear them.

patekman

Reaction score
I got a pair as well.
Great shoes.
Mine need a bit of wear as I have a high instep i.e the gap once laced is larger than I would like
Out of interest how are you going to polish them?
Burgundy and light brown or maybe neutral.
Any thoughts

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greeting good folks. Any suggestions for good cashmere jumpers? Looking for something light and thin but warm for travelling. Longevity is preferred.

RGLZ

Reaction score
Greeting good folks. Any suggestions for good cashmere jumpers? Looking for something light and thin but warm for travelling. Longevity is preferred.
Gran Sasso Todd & Duncan pure cashmere from Henry Bucks. Otherwise Luca Faloni.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mensbiz sale till Midnight Sunday Use code SHAVEOFF20 at checkout

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's getting pretty chilly in Melbourne - what are our overcoat recommendations?

I can see MJ Bale have a few options running in the $600 range.
I got the Harrow DB overcoat on a 20% voucher. Quite like it...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads