• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:crackup::crackup:

Speaking of fragrances, I like TF's Tuscan Leather and wear it in cooler weather.

I found that Tobacco Vanille and Amber Absolut were too sweet for me. Perhaps I simply find vanilla to be a bit too sickly sweet and overpowering.
Vanilla I cook with I do not comprehend wearing it. Maybe it gives an added meaning to the phrase “eat me” I guess.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
Apologies if my post regarding vanilla ice cream and shoe repairers offended some who like these colognes.

They were a bit more subtle and multi dimensional when they remained on my sweater the next day.

I wonder if fragrances with less distinctive notes are better, or at least safer. It mitigates the risk of somebody associating a prominent and solo note with, for example, a lavender toilet cleaner.

It's a shame Henry Bucks didn't repeat their Penhaligons event in Sydney.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Decreased

Reaction score
Regrettable sale. I'm a 9 or 9.5 uk depending on the last. I have a pair of Trickers in the only color i find tolerable with natural welt. A uk9 but too short for me. Burnished burgundy calf, on commando. The other pair are a Cheaney brogued oxford. These re a touch longer but slightly wide for me. On dainite. Black calf.
280 for the stow, 175 for the cheaney. Can ship, prefer sydney. Can include generic trees ($30 extra).

Gutted about the stow, i know they aren't priced "cheap" but I'd rather wear them an hour at a time than sell them cheap as they aren't generally available in this make up, and definitely not under 500 when new. They will last some lucky bugger decades.
20180505_192127.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why on Earth did I think a bordello is a type of red wine???

Verdelho, perhaps? (Although it's white, not red.)

Better I discovered this online than having this misunderstanding in person.

Depends on where the bottle shop is located when you walk in and ask the person behind the counter to "recommend a good bordello". You might end up with some good suggestions!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on where the bottle shop is located when you walk in and ask the person behind the counter to "recommend a good bordello". You might end up with some good suggestions!

Some time back Mrs GF went into a local bottle shop and asked where they kept the foreskins.

The attendent was taken back.

I think she means cleanskins I informed him.

Oh she responded going a deep shade of red when she realised her mistake.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This whole thing makes me wonder: do you pronounce Hunter Valley Verdelho differently from the original because it's Aussie? Or is the Aussie for brothel "bordejyo"?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseTclow