• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Decreased

Reaction score
Anyone tried Suit Supply shirts? Any good?

I asked spier and Mackay to ship to aus and they did. With shipping it came to about $65 a shirt for three shirts and I couldn't justify trying suit supply after that.

Got about 3 or 4 of them. They're not bad, although I've found they shrink over time through washing n' repeated wear. For the price, Kamakura are an infinitely better OTR option at equivalent cost.

Did you just order through the English Language site? I tried to order through the Japanese site and couldn't ship to Aus, but the discrepancy in price turned me off ordering from the English language site.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you just order through the English Language site? I tried to order through the Japanese site and couldn't ship to Aus, but the discrepancy in price turned me off ordering from the English language site.

It used to be possible to order from the website of Kamakura Shirts' Japanese parent company, Maker's Shirts. However, they stopped shipping internationally a year or two back and now all orders from outside Japan must go through the Kamakura Shirts website.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I asked spier and Mackay to ship to aus and they did. With shipping it came to about $65 a shirt for three shirts and I couldn't justify trying suit supply after that.
Your post made me look at Spier & Mackay, something I avoided for years assuming it'd be an overpriced forum affiliate. There are some cheap shirts on there... Uniqlo cheap!

Would you mind saying a bit more about the shirt? Where does it sit quality wise? Did it shrink much after 3+ washes? Did you go for their unfused collars?

Decreased

Reaction score
It used to be possible to order from the website of Kamakura Shirts' Japanese parent company, Maker's Shirts. However, they stopped shipping internationally a year or two back and now all orders from outside Japan must go through the Kamakura Shirts website.

Thanks mate, looks like they come to about 110 or so still reasonable for the quality compared to paying that for a "name" brand at DJs.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate, looks like they come to about 110 or so still reasonable for the quality compared to paying that for a "name" brand at DJs.

Kamakura/Maker's shirts are fantastic quality for the price.

The only downside - and it can be significant - is their somewhat offbeat sizing and the various cuts that they have - Tokyo Classic, Tokyo Slim, NY Classic, NY Slim etc.

Johknee

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm selling some things and thought I'd offer them here first. Open to offers so send a message if you're interested an item.

P Johnson Tailors MTM suit

Mid blue wool - Delfino
- 2 button front, notched lapels
- dual vents
- working cuffs (One button broken on left sleeve - see picture 3)
Worn on 4-5 occasions (Weddings etc)

Approximate Measurements:

Jacket - measurements taken when jacket flat
  • Chest across front (armpit to armpit) - 17.5"
  • Sleeve length (shoulder seam to hem) - 25.5"
  • Shoulder across back (seam to seam) - 18.75"
  • Length (from bottom of collar) - 30.5"
Trousers - measurements taken when trousers flat
  • Waist - 17"
  • Thigh - 12"
  • Knee - 9"
  • Inseam - 31.5" (+2" to let out)
  • Leg opening - 7 3/4"
  • Cuff - 2"

8z091CM.jpg
jypmrx3.jpg
ZtZOihX.jpg
0xVL1Dv.jpg
12HugbU.jpg
CnsVRu5.jpg
lTvcdnI.jpg

Kamakura Tokyo Linen shirt
Size XL
Worn once

Trousers
Excellent condition - worn once
Holland & Sherry beige cotton

Waist - 17 3/4"
Front Rise - 11 1/2"
Thigh - 12 1/2"
Knee - 9"
Leg Opening - 8 1/4"
Inseam - 32"
Plenty of fabric in waist for letting out (see picture 4)
u5PvkQn.jpg
sPk8eVz.jpg
jJNpOdb.jpg
tj76Vbb.jpg
6VEMUrM.jpg
borlHRe.jpg

Gitman Vintage Navy shirt w/ floral print
Worn once - in as new condition
Light/summer weight cotton

Size Medium
Neck - 15.5"
Shoulder - 19"
Chest - 21" (half - armpit to armpit)
Sleeve - 25 1/2" (shoulder seam to hem at wrist)
Length - 31"
aTtV1cY.jpg
8uDF3iX.jpg

Henry Carter
Peach Linen/Silk
8cm x 149cm
zmnz2cl.jpg
sJAdnPu.jpg

Henry Carter
Brown Shantung Silk
8cm x 149cm
wfyZ7ln.jpg
ZV16LyU.jpg

Henry Carter
Golden Shantung Silk w/ Blue-white stripe
8cm x 149cm

sQS3xwJ.jpg

Drake's London
Silver Woven Large Knot Grenadine Tie
7.5cm x 149cm

PwlCMaQ.jpg
dI2s6NO.jpg

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the shirt input. I have Kamakura and they are great, but the bat **** crazy sizing is problematic so was just curious about Suit Supply.

Spier and MacKay looks interesting.

Last edited:

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their oxford-cloth, button-down collar shirts look nice but I'm rather disappointed that they have plain backs, rather than having a box-pleat in the middle of the back.

Not a deal breaker for me, but well spotted!

MJ bale shirts on sale are great value.

They are very good value, but nothing in their range that I'm after at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads