• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BananaKing

Reaction score

GinoSprezzalini

Reaction score
artworks-000186208640-pfoqua-t500x500.jpg

I know who I would vote for! But let us be serious. I would settle for becoming mod of the Aussie Members Thread. Lots of riff raff here lately :paranoia:

Why not?

Hello, could we restart this topic? :) Seems like really helpful when it comes to AUS. Just one offtop question - why there is Donald Trump tagged if this is fashion thread? :)

The Russian bridal-wear bots have invaded the forum.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winter has arrived in Canberra. But I wouldn’t put money on it sticking around....yet.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Autumn has sort of arrived in Sydney. I jest, it’s 30 degrees tomorrow.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile in Canberra I had to turn the heater on Sunday night.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention it. A little while back I re-visited Newmarket - its all gentrified and sanitised now but many years ago (when I was a slim rock dog) - I lived in rural Victoria and had my own transport business with a semi trailer. I used to cart cattle, (and buy and sell them), amongst other things, and was a frequent visitor for work to Newmarket. Its probably hard to envisage now but that entire large piece of land from Racecourse Road down to the river - was all sheep and cattle yards. There was rivers of **** flowing 24/7. It was large enough to have its own streets inside and post office and bar etc. In addition they used to drive cattle and sheep along the streets of Flemington with horses and dogs from over the other side of Racecourse road. I often did 2 or more trips in 24 hours there and unloading and loading at midnight was a common experience.

492520-small.jpg

149177-small.jpg

Went past Newmarket on the weekend and saw this old building right at the bottom of the old yards. Would have been a fun place to work.

FXH.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads